1.    #1  
    I had my phone on the touchstone charger. The phone crashed without me doing anything. It got stuck in the restart cycle. I had to remove the battery for it to come out of this stuck mode. I kept the battery out for about 3 minutes or so. After the phone came back on...all my launcher icons were rearranged in some arbitrary manner. After quite a bit of hassle, I rearranged them the way I wanted. However, when I restarted the phone (i do these restarts to clean up memory leaks etc...) the icons rearranged again back to the same arbitrary manner.

This is a big problem. Is this a known issue? Anyway to fix it? Please help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by palmpre06062009; 04/22/2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: Fix identified...Check my latest post in this thread
    i use to have this issue a long time ago, sort of went away, don't recall how though. Try to re arrange like 2 icons and try to shut down instead of reboot see if that works.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  3.    #3  
    This is annoying the heck out of me.....I don't have any patches installed. Where is Palm Tech support person?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i use to have this issue a long time ago, sort of went away, don't recall how though. Try to re arrange like 2 icons and try to shut down instead of reboot see if that works.
    I changed a few locations and then shutdown and then start. No help. Same as restart. Palm I need help with this.
    You might want to ask at the Palm forums, if you want to talk to them directly. Or try the chat option.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    You might want to ask at the Palm forums, if you want to talk to them directly. Or try the chat option.
    I will try the chat. However, we have someone from the Palm Tech support who monitors precentral and does respond. I was just trying to get his attention.
  7. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I had the same issue about 1 month ago. I finally Doctored (for the first time) and that fixed the problem.
  8.    #8  
    Guys...I had a chat with Palm Tech support. They told me it was due to memory corruption caused by third party apps. So they asked me to perform erase apps and data and after following that process...my launcher icons stay put following restarts.

erase apps and data is a somewhat tedious but not that bad....u would lose text messages and phone call history...etc.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Guys...I had a chat with Palm Tech support. They told me it was due to memory corruption caused by third party apps. So they asked me to perform erase apps and data and after following that process...my launcher icons stay put following restarts.

erase apps and data is a somewhat tedious but not that bad....u would lose text messages and phone call history...etc.
    I don't buy it. I would like to know specifically what "third party app" caused the memory corruption.

I'm glad that you were able to fix the problem. I've had this problem several times before with the exception that it only rearranged the icons once then the icons stuck. One time the Pandora app was deleted. Not sure why. I went through the pain of arranging my icons and reinstalled Pandora. Haven't had the problem since.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by tannyo View Post
    I don't buy it. I would like to know specifically what "third party app" caused the memory corruption.

I'm glad that you were able to fix the problem. I've had this problem several times before with the exception that it only rearranged the icons once then the icons stuck. One time the Pandora app was deleted. Not sure why. I went through the pain of arranging my icons and reinstalled Pandora. Haven't had the problem since.
    I had this problem continuously. I did about 7 restarts and every time i had icons reset from what i had set.

They don't know the app. They just said that it is due to third party app...
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    I had this problem continuously. I did about 7 restarts and every time i had icons reset from what i had set.

They don't know the app. They just said that it is due to third party app...
    So add your third party apps back one at a time until you figure out which one it is, then let us all know.
    try restarting your phone. Every so often I get no icons, or icons that look funny. A reset fixes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try restarting your phone. Every so often I get no icons, or icons that look funny. A reset fixes it.
    read the thread man, he/she did
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by camiller View Post
    So add your third party apps back one at a time until you figure out which one it is, then let us all know.
    You can try and let us know since I don't have the problem anymore.
  15.    #15  
    Did anyone have this happen recently? How do you get the orig launcher app location before the abrupt reboot/crash? Thanks.