Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I updated my Facebook app yesterday and after that it worked fine. Now today it won't update.

I have deleted it rebooted and then reinstalled. Any suggestions on what to do to fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by eklenken View Post
    I updated my Facebook app yesterday and after that it worked fine. Now today it won't update.

I have deleted it rebooted and then reinstalled. Any suggestions on what to do to fix it?
    partial erase "erase app's and data" then resync.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I don't know how to do that. I have only had my pre + for 1 week.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Goto Device Information - Rest Options - Erase Apps and Data. Then re-download your apps from the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    if I let it sit and try to load I get a communication error saying it can't connect to server.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I did the erase apps and data, and the facebook app is still doing that. could it be another app that I downloaded today interfering withit somehow? I downloaded Hearts and Spades today. i don't remember whether or not the FB app was working correctly before I downloaded those two.
    that happened to me yesterday night

it was working fine and then it went in a neverending update llop and never updated to see my feeds. I uninstalled installed like 4 times and nothing. I finally gave up ...

today when I woke up I tried again and very quickly it updated my feeds and since have not had any problems except the error when trying to view a aphoto from the notifications
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVINCIBZ View Post
    that happened to me yesterday night

it was working fine and then it went in a neverending update llop and never updated to see my feeds. I uninstalled installed like 4 times and nothing. I finally gave up ...

today when I woke up I tried again and very quickly it updated my feeds and since have not had any problems except the error when trying to view a aphoto from the notifications
    I am hoping that is what will happen to me.
    Won't update for me either. Was working fine this afternoon. Saw a few posts on the app's FB discussion page too... =/
    I'm having the same problem and it is incredibly annoying.

There is no other way to fix this besides the partial erase?! And if I do that, what other kinds of data will I lose? All the settings and data for the res t of my apps?

And, seriously, how hard can it be to make an FB app that works?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have been having the exact same problem with the famous FaceBook App. After updating to 1.2 the first time, it worked great for an hour. The next day, it was in "endless update" mode (NOT updating to 1.2, just endless updating after opening the thing.) That night, it worked great for an hour. Now today, the "circle of nothing" spins continuously, never updating to recent posts. How do we get the developer to fix this POS? Seriously, this is a really useless app the way it is. Who is responsible for being so inept? Bueller....
    Mine has mysteriously started working again. They really need to worl out this bug...
    My problem is that it never seems to reset the notification count. Like the web version, when you press on the notification icon to see them, the red number should go away. Instead, it'll stay there until you touch ... every ... single ... notification. Which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for that lag between touching the notification link and the app taking you to it. Annoying.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eklenken View Post

Join the club
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2397864
    Wow, reset your phone so it deletes every app you have, doesn't sound like a fix to me. how about palm just do something about it and make it work, until then, I'll just use the web facebook.
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    Wow, reset your phone so it deletes every app you have, doesn't sound like a fix to me. how about palm just do something about it and make it work, until then, I'll just use the web facebook.
    I have said this from the beginning. Why the devil should we do a partial wipe and risk loosing valuable data when ALL of the other apps (including facebook type of apps other than Palms version) WORK???? Makes no sense. I don't have the time to mess around with wiping and then rebuilding if it only deals with one app. Of course, in fairness, I am spending time griping about it not working when I could fool with the process, but again, it makes no sense to be able to load any other app from the app library and they work, but this one doesn't? I suppose this is the legacy and pain of a facebook user? :-)
    And just like that... I'm back to an infinite spinning... Can I have the older version back? That one refreshed evry time just fine...
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I tried a partial erase and that doesn't work. Don't waste your time.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    Yeah I don't know what it is exactly w/ version 1.2, I had this same issue with the beta version of the app as well.. With version 1.1 the newsfeed was never an issue.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Funny, it updated once, but when I pushed "older posts", that started the "endless circle of refresh to nothing" again. Currently, it seems to be working. I will not hold my breath. They need to fix this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast