Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey American,

You all know what is freedom.
    Freedom to choose is one borned to has.
    I don't understand why Google could provide free Android licenses to manufacturers legally to suppress such innovative WebOS. All palm needs is a fair competition.

Do you think Google must be suited?
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Wow. All this fighting about how things should be "freed from being locked down", this is the first I've heard that a company should be punished for making their product be "too open" and have not enough restrictions.
    Last edited by Urkel; 04/21/2010 at 11:04 PM.
    huh !!!
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    omg -_-
    Ha

<---- Papercraft Steve Jobs says "Yes! "suite" Google!!!!"
    They do need to be suited, I mean jeans and t-shirt look so unprofessional.
    did you use google translate? that would be ironic.

sounds like you are asking if they should be sued. im no lawyer, but i dont think anything illegal is being done with the way android is used by third parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    They do need to be suited, I mean jeans and t-shirt look so unprofessional.
    Um...

<--- Papercraft Steve Jobs takes that as an insult...
    Goggle needs to slap on a jimmy, and stop producing more android crap
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Um...

<--- Papercraft Steve Jobs takes that as an insult...
    rofl
    i dont think they are licensing android to partners to diminish any sort of innovation by webos...

I do however believe that the utter lack of knowledge expressed in this post is fascinating.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    Hey American,

You all know what is freedom.
    Freedom to choose is one borned to has.
    I don't understand why Google could provide free Android licenses to manufacturers legally to suppress such innovative WebOS. All palm needs is a fair competition.

Do you think Google must be suited?
    To answer what I think your question was no I do not thing Google should be "suited" they have not done anything illegal they were just smarter in there deployment of android than Palm was of WebOs. Google went after 3rd party app developers to raise awareness and boost interest in developing for their platform hence the relatively quick jump in apps they have in the relatively short time android has been available. I posted in another forum that I believe this is where Palm dropped the ball, but Google or anyone else for that matter shouldn't be sued for Palm's either inability or unwillingness to attract big time developers for their platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    Goggle needs to slap on a jimmy, and stop producing more android crap

That would be more of a Depends moment than a jimmy.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    did you use google translate? that would be ironic.

sounds like you are asking if they should be sued. im no lawyer, but i dont think anything illegal is being done with the way android is used by third parties.

Sorry for my spelling mistakes
    In a free market, companies or consumers should not be forbiddened to enter into the market. The competitions from supplies sides and demand sides compete with each others to bid up or down to the most efficient resources used price.

This is what American had taught the world, is it?

If a Giant enter into whatever market he likes and use his money as a weapon to suppress his competitors. Then the supply side will end up only few players, the giant could take whatever he like afterward.

Just think if Android charge $100 or market price, or their cost per license, will Motorola, HTC, Sony, Samsung, LG would do what they had done in the first place, you will understand what I mean.
    Last edited by lawtony; 04/21/2010 at 10:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Just think
    You should really take your own advice to heart.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawtony View Post
    Sorry for my spelling mistakes
    In a free market, companies or consumers should not be forbiddened to enter into the market. The competitions from supplies sides and demand sides compete with each others to bid up or down to the most efficient resources used price.

This is what American had taught the world, is it?

If a Giant enter into whatever market he likes and use his money as a weapon to suppress his competitors. Then the supply side will end up only few players, the giant could take whatever he like afterward.

Just think if Android charge $100 or market price, or their cost per license, will Motorola, HTC, Sony, Samsung, LG would do what they had done in the first place, you will understand what I mean.
    It's not like Google is the only giant in the smartphone game, look at the competition: Apple, Microsoft, RIM, Nokia, they all could have done the same thing google just thought of it first and are capitalizing on it.
    What your talking about I think only implies on the market leader if they use that tactic to keep anyone out, but only at the consumer level. It would be like if apple decided to give the iPhone away for free on all carriers to drive out tHe competition.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    You should really take your own advice to heart.
    If anything I said had made u fee I am a too much ****** of WebOS, then I'm sorry. I mean it is true Palm had made mistakes. But I don't think Palm could compete with Android even it had not made mistake.

Maybe I tell u why I had this folks-said no brain post.
    I had tried to analysis if Palm's stock is a good stock to invest and compared it with Iphone, WM7, Android. I concluded even though WM7 could not compete with Android if Microsoft charged license fees. Manufacturers will produce more volunm of Android than WM7. The lesser volumn of WM7 will increase per unit cost and end up higher license cost. This is exactly what Palm is facing. Of course , because it had not licensed out, to palm is the total unit cost.

Please look at how much Pre plus, pixie plus is selling. Their price is suppressed and the cost is artificially pushed up by Android volumn in the market
    Even Palm had not made mistakes, he wouldn't be able to complete. I love WebOS but I 'm sorry to say:
    "Palm stock is worthless"
    Last edited by lawtony; 04/21/2010 at 10:45 PM.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    What your talking about I think only implies on the market leader if they use that tactic to keep anyone out, but only at the consumer level. It would be like if apple decided to give the iPhone away for free on all carriers to drive out tHe competition.
    Of course, Android should be a not bad product in the first place. In today such a fierce smartphone market competition, A not bad smartphone OS has another meaning - Huge development Cost. Google has money, he has this weapons to make loss continually until WebOS, or any other smartphone OS die.

Google is doing what Microsoft had done for the last decade.
    Windows is a good product, but I'm sure there would be fantasitc product too should Microsoft had not suppressed their competitiors unfairly.
    Last edited by lawtony; 04/21/2010 at 10:46 PM.
    its not googles fault that android is becoming popular, in fact, thats their plan. its palms fault that WebOS is not as popular. Palm refused to license their OS, they have only released 2 devices (plus 2 upgraded variations). It basically comes down to the analogy, throw a plate of spaghetti against the wall and see what sticks. Keeping to the analogy, android has a much bigger plate of spaghetti, so more of it sticks. basically, there are more android devices on the market, so more android devices get sold.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast