1.    #1  
    ok so i dont know what is causing this, i hope you can all tell me....

So i have a few new phone #'s stored in my phone, but from the contacts list, when i try and send them a txt, it will not open a sms window....

also when i go to send them a msg from the sms part of the phone, click send new msg, i click on the name, and then type a msg, but the msg never shows up, it stays in the window as if your getting ready to select a name...

anyone else have this problem? or have any solutions?

cheers all
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Usually such problems are caused by a patch which is not playing well.

Do you have any patches which might affect the messaging system?

You might also try rebooting the phone. Sometimes it is just a temporary glitch causing a problem.
  3.    #3  
    had the battery out for a long time, did a full reset, did a java restart, luna etc.....

also i dont really have any msg patches, nothing new at least... only thing i have done in the last while is the 800mhz patch

any ideas?
    i have the same problem i am geting another refurb in a few day ill try one of the non texting number on the stock phone and see if it goes through and will post back
  5.    #5  
    see this was working fine till i did the patch.... thats why im hoping someone knows *** is going on, maybe to fix it, cause i had to wait 6 weeks for my referb
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k3gixxer1000 View Post
    see this was working fine till i did the patch.... thats why im hoping someone knows *** is going on, maybe to fix it, cause i had to wait 6 weeks for my referb
    Then why not try removing the patch?
  7.    #7  
    well cause honestly i dont know how to remove the speed patch.... and i have added other users too and they still work... just seems to be a few, so i didnt think it was related to that honestly
    Oh man! I thought I was alone with this problem!!! I have the same issue with only a few contacts. I can't text them!! It's so funny too, because if I change their number in the contact app and change one digit in their phone number, and save the contact and then try again to tap the sms icon, it brings up the messaging window with no problem!

Have you tried doing that? And then I will change the number back to the real phone number of the contact, tap the sms icon, and nothing!!! No text message option. It's so crazy.

I tried calling Palm, and the ***** customer service rep said that they were going to charge me $14.95 for the phone call! Can you believe that?? They were going to charge me for me being kind enough to take time out of my day to report a problem with their product so they can fix it in a future update!

Now as far as this being a patch problem, I have no idea which one is causing this, so if anyone finds out, that would be grand.

Now that I think about it, I can't remember having this problem prior to Ver 1.4, but I really can't say for sure.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    BTW, I don't have the 800mHz patch installed.
  10.    #10  
    ok glad i am not the only one and glad its not the patch lol

so have you found any solution yet?
    Hello, i have the same problem, for some reason i can not text 1 number, Which is a number i always text, i can write a text and try and send, Then it just shows a black text window, doesn't come up in the chat.

i love Preware. but i'm afraid it's more trouble then anything, always dicking around with patches installing removing installing again, trying to figure out which patch is fuc king up.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k3gixxer1000 View Post
    ok glad i am not the only one and glad its not the patch lol

so have you found any solution yet?
    No solution yet. Maybe it's one of the other patches that we installed lately. I'm going to go thru Preware, but I'm at work so I can't really do this thoroughly until after 5PM, and try to determine if I have installed a Patch lately that can be causing this.

Now that I think of it, I did install the Patch that allows for more Phone number description labels (I forget the name of it). You know, the one that lets you label phone numbers as Pager, Mobile 2, Direct, etc...

Did you install that Patch lately?
    i do not have that patch. So i don't think it's that one.

sometimes you have to install these patches in a certain order, (pain in the *** to fingure that out). lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by mairboy View Post
    Hello, i have the same problem, for some reason i can not text 1 number, Which is a number i always text, i can write a text and try and send, Then it just shows a black text window, doesn't come up in the chat.

i love Preware. but i'm afraid it's more trouble then anything, always dicking around with patches installing removing installing again, trying to figure out which patch is fuc king up.
    I agree with you. Why can't Palm just implement these Patches into their OS? I don't know the logistics behind these sourcing deals with the programmers. Let's just get palm to put these Patches into effect somehow so that we can turn them on or off in the menu of certain Apps. So frustrating!

Never know what Patches are really doing, and having to remove and then reinstall after WEBOS Updates is another frickin time killer. don't get me wrong, I think these programmers are geniuses, but I'm about ready to Doctor this dag gone phone back to stock and forget about Patches altogether.
    Well, I solved this problem!

First, I did an EPR and removed all of the patches to see if I would be able to text these random people who I couldn't. No luck.

Then I said F%!# it, and I doctored the Pre! After doing the whole process, the first thing I did when my phone was back up and running was to try to text the people who I couldn't text before the Doctor. To my shock and awe, it worked! I was so happy because that was the most frustrating thing trying to figure out why when I tapped the SMS icon, I got no response and the messaging app didn't work for these certain phone numbers.

So, it now works, and it wasn't a Patch issue. The Pre actually needed to be reset back to factory conditions. If anyone else figures this out without Doctoring their Pre, please post what you did to achieve such success.

I am happy with respect to my neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    and having to remove (patches) and then reinstall after WEBOS Updates is another frickin time killer.
    You don't have to! (see AUPT)
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You don't have to! (see AUPT)
    +1, wish people would read up on these features of patching before slagging it off