1.    #1  
    Ok, so I've never been able to login to the Facebook app, it just didn't work. Finally I decided to just do a partial erase. Amazingly, it worked, I can now use the Facebook app perfectly. The only problem is, now all my patches are still active, but they don't show up in Preware or in WebOSQI. I've tried everything but doctoring so far. I ran all of the Emergency stuff that sounded any bit relevant to my cause, patch recovery, recons utility, patch installer, migration helper. Even Emergency Patch Installer which says it will reinstall all patch package data after a full or partial erase. I tried it and it gave me an error. IPKG log said "NOTE: No patches found!" Any ideas?

My patches are definitely still there, all 35+ of them. They just aren't showing up.
    dr ur phone
    When that happened to me, I ran the EPR and restarted my phone a couple of times. It worked.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    dr ur phone
    Thanks thats really helpful. I would not have been able to fix my problem if it wasn't for you.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Thanks thats really helpful. I would not have been able to fix my problem if it wasn't for you.
    Don't knock sound advice. If you didn't want to doctor your phone you could mention it in your first post.

Reinstall all of the patches manually. If they aren't showing up in the recovery apps then they should still be installable from QI or Preware.

So your options are to doctor and then reinstall everything or reinstall everything.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Don't knock sound advice. If you didn't want to doctor your phone you could mention it in your first post.
    I've tried everything but doctoring so far.
    (implying doctoring was a last resort) Also, I would not have been so negative if he had spent more time to type 3 words that wouldn't even be understood by someone who didn't already know what doctoring was. If I was an average Pre user I would be either confused, or just think he was joking. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Reinstall all of the patches manually. If they aren't showing up in the recovery apps then they should still be installable from QI or Preware.
    Wow thanks that actually worked, I could've sworn it had given me an error when I had tried it earlier, but its working now. Thanks for saving me a trip to the doctor.
    Use WebOs Repair Utility

Edit: Glad to see it works now. Actually, quick install will let you install the patches. Preware wont.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Use WebOs Repair Utility

Edit: Glad to see it works now. Actually, quick install will let you install the patches. Preware wont.
    Really? Preware is letting me install them. Even though I already have them, its still working. Also I tried WebOS Repair Utility but it either gave me an error or did nothing. I can't remember which.
    Really? Preware is letting me install them. Even though I already have them, its still working. Also I tried WebOS Repair Utility but it either gave me an error or did nothing. I can't remember which.
    My issue is quite different from yours. i have 8 patches that show up on Preware, arent actually there anymore and i have a couple of patches that are still there. I installed them through QI and now, there are remnants of those patches floating around. Sometimes they are there and sometimes, they arent. So i'm counting on WebOs repair Utility because i really dont want to doctor.
  10.    #10  
    Wow thats like the complete opposite of my problem. They don't show up in Preware, but they are actually there. Funny.
    use the emergency reconstruction utility
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    im doing well with this these days.

Thanks,