View Poll Results: How is your Pre doing after almost a month on 800/720?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect! Runs like a champ!

150 69.12%
  • Ok... Has had some hiccups...

64 29.49%
  • Bad! The thing gets way too hot and crashes!

2 0.92%
  • It already blew up!

1 0.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Thank you Sir, I had just found that thread also xD
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I installed the 800 mhz patch yesterday so i was running at 800 all the time, and this morning i got a "too hot" warning (thanks to that neato app that gives the warnings).

So i immediately installed the CPUscaler app and let the MHZ range from 250-800 and haven't had a warning since. And since i've been using this for all of 3 hours, i am SURE i can't possibly ever have a problem, LOL.
    Last edited by stephenj; 04/24/2010 at 11:13 AM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBruceLee View Post
    Where can I get this CPU scaler I just got 800 patch, and I need to make sure phone is stable...

I'm looking around in preware atm :3
    search the forums for the l337tech feed for preware
    I have the 720mhz ipk, with the uber scalar application,

Initially used 125-720mhz but ran into problems, phone becoming unresponsive etc fixed when i swapped to 500-800mhz, great battery life.

Not sure about the new super kernals etc do they provide any advantage? I am pretty happy with my current setup
    I use the 800 plus scaler set at 250-800 and sometimes when I stream videos my phone will get rather warm over 45c. Most of the time I am fine. I do use my phone hard and on a 25 min bus ride while listening to streaming radio while using GPS and surfing the web I have managed to kill amost 38%.
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    I have something similar.. this is the only thing I've noticed that mine has done. I open the slider or press the power button and the screen doesn't turn on so I've tried pressing it a few times or just once more and a few seconds later it resets..
    I don't know if it's the 800mhz kernel or if it's just 1.4.1.1, anyone?
    Personally I think the wake up problem is 1.4.1, because I have had that problem intermittently for a while now, before installing the patch. It does happen with the 800Mhz as well but I don't think it's to blame. Just put the patch on today, working great so far.. I don't have the scaler, and my phone doesn't seem to heat up very much, in fact I don't demand that much resoucres nor do I play much games.. Lets see how it goes...
  7. GTB
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    vbockius, I can't tell you how appreciative one can be by providing a link, etc. I spend HOURS trying to find "X" information, where the "feed" is and so on. As a side note, I've tried to donate a couple of times, but having problems doing so. I've used PayPal for years, but something's a miss. Suppose it could be me.
    Last edited by GTB; 05/01/2010 at 10:50 AM. Reason: My reply to vbockius didn't end up where I thought it would.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123