View Poll Results: How is your Pre doing after almost a month on 800/720?

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • Perfect! Runs like a champ!

150 69.12%
  • Ok... Has had some hiccups...

64 29.49%
  • Bad! The thing gets way too hot and crashes!

2 0.92%
  • It already blew up!

1 0.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This is a good poll for those of us who haven't taken the plunge (yet)...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrasherx2k1 View Post
    Any others out there? This poll was quite active for half a day then it just died!
    I guess we weren't that much. Remember that many were worried about the implications on the CPU and many didn't jump in the bandwagon at first!
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I guess we weren't that much. Remember that many were worried about the implications on the CPU and many didn't jump in the bandwagon at first!
    I was thinking maybe many took it off because they didn't realize it works just fine with 1.4.1.1 I basically took off the 800 patch then put on the 1.4.1.1 update and had no issues reinstalling the 800 patch. The next Palm update I have a feeling will not be so smooth...
    Since the Pre's battery already underperformed before the kernel, I'm getting along fine with the patch. It's the only thing that keeps my Pre usable. It' also great advertisement. When I first got my Pre, all my friends including myself were amazed at how painstakingly slow it was. Scrolling through the launcher was torture and killed all my friends' perception of Palm's phone.

After the 800MHz patch and the lite launcher patch my phone is super fast and smooth. It breathed a whole new life into my Pre and even has my iPhone owning twin brother to be in awe.
    No matter what I do, can't get 800 or 720. Installed both according to the instructions, check the speed and it tells me ~600. Got no themes, just a few patches and apps, never had a custom kernel installed previously, phone's never had any other issues since I got it (Pre Plus on launch day). Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by draggonflye View Post
    No matter what I do, can't get 800 or 720. Installed both according to the instructions, check the speed and it tells me ~600. Got no themes, just a few patches and apps, never had a custom kernel installed previously, phone's never had any other issues since I got it (Pre Plus on launch day). Any ideas?
    did you make sure to remove your 600 first? The 720 or 800 only works being added on to normal speed (500)
    I'm confused and still new to the phone and the updates...

I have 1.4.1.1 installed... Is that giving me the new 800 feature just from the update? Or is there something else I need to install?
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    there were over 18,000 downloads of the kernel in various (.sh & ipk ) versions of the kernels. Just sayin!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    800mhz works great for me. The only minor thing I have is that sometimes when waking up the Pre from sleep, I experience a slight lag (3-4 seconds) before the phone or touchscreen will respond.

anyone else have this?
    Lover the 800 mhz. Thanks to the developer. I the patch installed on both my wife's Sprint Pre and mine. We both have the same problem. The phone doesn't wake up. The screen goes black. I have to open and close the slider several times. We do NOT have any scaling patch installed. I try hitting the power button and same thing. Not until I open and close the slider about 6 times does the screen come on. The phone doesn't shut down it just doesn't wake up. IF that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by scott500 View Post
    800mhz works great for me. The only minor thing I have is that sometimes when waking up the Pre from sleep, I experience a slight lag (3-4 seconds) before the phone or touchscreen will respond.

anyone else have this?
    I have something similar.. this is the only thing I've noticed that mine has done. I open the slider or press the power button and the screen doesn't turn on so I've tried pressing it a few times or just once more and a few seconds later it resets..
    I don't know if it's the 800mhz kernel or if it's just 1.4.1.1, anyone?
    Hi,

I have the exact same issue with both my pre and my girlfriends...
    No 800Mhz or any other scaling patches on either phone. Preware and some other minor patches installed.

B
    had the same wake up problems, and even an occasional luna restart when waking, uninstalled theme seems to be better......
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    I'm running 800MHz patch with CPUScalerUber app with scailing option set to 125 to 800. It works like a charm.

MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitwilly View Post
    please point me in the right direction for my needs. Here is my situation:

I am running 1.4 on Verizon.
    I got the 800 patch and loved it. I got rid of it though due to the over heat alert going off constantly when I streamed baseball games.

in what order do I download the overclock patch and scaler? (and which one do you think I should go with?)

also, when should I scale up or down?

thanks in advance for any help.
    Where are you getting streaming baseball games? I want that!
    Using the CPU ScalerUber here. Still having the Luna restart issue from time to time. Heat is still a major problem. All is cool and fast until you start streaming music or playing video like YouTube, then the heat jumps thru the roof.
    Streaming music and video is one of the main reasons for having this device. If you can't do that without the thing melting your hand, then the patch kinda defeats the purpose.
    The Saint
    Where can I get this CPU scaler I just got 800 patch, and I need to make sure phone is stable...

I'm looking around in preware atm :3
    If I ever get my Pre back from the BB repair center I might try the 720 patch.

Off topic, but BB made the mistake of asking me to take a poll when I was checking the status of my phone repair. I wasn't nice. Paper says it should have been ready on the 17th. It is now the 24th and the status says "recieved" . A call to the store reviels that the paper is never right, 30 days min to repair . What crap. Geek Squad can stick their warranty where the sun don't shine. I'm dropping it once I get my phone back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBruceLee View Post
    Where can I get this CPU scaler I just got 800 patch, and I need to make sure phone is stable...

look here...... http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBruceLee View Post

Nvm did some research and installed it...

Running 125-800mhz scaler

Pre is running really good
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast