1.    #1  
    Had my pre for over a day now and honestly itís restarted on itís own around 20 times now. Iím not sure whatís causing it, Iíve switched the battery around as well with no success. Iíve had it restart during a data transfer before which is worrying. I can tell when itís going to restart because the phone becomes irresponsive for a couple of seconds then just restarts. Is this known bug or do
    I have faulty hardware?

Just to add, I've allready run a sweep of the webOS Doc which I had to do straight away when I got the phone because it wasn't updating my profile. Fine now btw

Thanks
    The restarts are a very well documented issue. If you download the homebrew app Jstop and run it that can help lessen the restarts which are caused by memory leaks.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    The restarts are a very well documented issue. If you download the homebrew app Jstop and run it that can help lessen the restarts which are caused by memory leaks.
    Thanks, I'll give that a go.
  4.    #4  
    Nah it's still restarting alot, around 5 times in the last 30 mins. I'm going to doctor it again and test it tomorrow around work, if it's still acting up I'm just going to have to take it back to O2.
    Quote Originally Posted by squidie View Post
    Nah it's still restarting alot, around 5 times in the last 30 mins. I'm going to doctor it again and test it tomorrow around work, if it's still acting up I'm just going to have to take it back to O2.
    Have you downloaded one of the Tempature Patches from Preware? Maybe the resets are coming from the phone getting too hot. And are you running any apps that display the weather, Twitter, RSS-Feed's, ect; on your Wallpaper? Because those apps can use up a lot of resources, which can then cause your phone to reset.

Also, when your phone resets, how long does it take to come back online? A Full Reset will take longer then if Luna were resetting. So if the reset time isn't all that long, then it could be caused by Luna. Where if the resets are longer, then it might be a hardware issue.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    Have you downloaded one of the Tempature Patches from Preware? Maybe the resets are coming from the phone getting too hot. And are you running any apps that display the weather, Twitter, RSS-Feed's, ect; on your Wallpaper? Because those apps can use up a lot of resources, which can then cause your phone to reset.

Also, when your phone resetsm how long does it take to come back online? A Full Reset will take longer then if Luna were resetting. So if the reset time isn't all that long, then it could be caused by Luna. Where if the resets are longer, then it might be a hardware issue.
    Hi,

The phone does appear to be a little hot, I'm running the doc now anyway so I'll keep an eye on the temperature. I'm have Spaz (Twitter app) and an RSS app installed but it still restarts when they're closed. For instance, I ran the shutdown method but before it shutdown it restarted and took around 3 -4 mins to load back up again.

Thanks

Ben
    Hi,

The phone does appear to be a little hot, I'm running the doc now anyway so I'll keep an eye on the temperature. I'm have Spaz (Twitter app) and an RSS app installed but it still restarts when they're closed. For instance, I ran the shutdown method but before it shutdown it restarted and took around 3 -4 mins to load back up again.

Thanks

Ben
    How many apps do you have and how much free storage space do you have left?

And to see if the heat could be an issue, put your phone over a fan, or on top of a laptop cooler. So if the phone still keeps resetting, while the phone is being cooled; then the issue could be with something else.

If you have a defective battery, I have a spare that I never use. So if you wanted, I could send you that one.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    How many apps do you have and how much free storage space do you have left?

And to see if the heat could be an issue, put your phone over a fan, or on top of a laptop cooler. So if the phone still keeps resetting, while the phone is being cooled; then the issue could be with something else.

If you have a defective battery, I have a spare that I never use. So if you wanted, I could send you that one.
    I have around 15 apps in total, and around 7gb of space left on, it's litrally two days old is this phone. I dropped my other Pre, which worked perfectly anyway and was sent this new replacment.

I've got two batteries, the new one and the one from the old Pre but I do appreciate your offer
  9.    #9  
    Just finished with the doc and now it's restarted three times before I can either enter the language :P

It's going back tomorrow
    I have around 15 apps in total, and around 7gb of space left on, it's litrally two days old is this phone. I dropped my other Pre, which worked perfectly anyway and was sent this new replacment.

I've got two batteries, the new one and the one from the old Pre but I do appreciate your offer
    Your welcome! I have thought about taking the phone into a store, or even call your carrier? Maybe they can run through a trouble-shooting guide and see what could be the problem.

You can also try testing the phone on your own, by going into the "Device Info" menu. There is a few tests that you can run right from there, that might help you find the problem.