1.    #1  
    After many patches, my Pre quit rebooting properly. The spinner would spin for a few seconds, then stop and hang forever. But shutting down worked. Now, after a few more patches, shutdown does the same thing.

Oh, how I wish for a debug option during shutdown and reboot.

I suppose I'll run the WebOSRepairUtility later today and see if that fixes it.

Anyone else have this problem? A solution?

Thanks.
    I'd try Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware first. It will still get rid of all your patches and won't take nearly as long as the Repair Utility.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'd try Emergency Patch Recovery in Preware first. It will still get rid of all your patches and won't take nearly as long as the Repair Utility.
    WebOSRepairUtility leaves patches.

For now on, I'm going to keep a record of every patch and app that I install. Then tracing problems would be easier.

Maybe tonight I'll run WebOSRepairUtility, and then EPR when that doesn't work
    Quote Originally Posted by mdshadley View Post
    For now on, I'm going to keep a record of every patch and app that I install. Then tracing problems would be easier.
    uhmm... Preware shows all of your installed apps, patches, services, etc, nicely catrgorized. Or did i miss the point?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterH View Post
    uhmm... Preware shows all of your installed apps, patches, services, etc, nicely catrgorized. Or did i miss the point?
    Does Preware have an option to sort by installed date/time? That would make it easier to debug strange patch effects.
    I have this problem too, I originally thought that it was the mobile hotspot causing the problem. I uninstalled, then my reboot did not freeze, however, I have not changed anything since, and I am back to reboot freezing.. (luna and java still reboot normal) ... Still troubleshooting ...
    Does Preware have an option to sort by installed date/time? That would make it easier to debug strange patch effects.
    I see your point.

No, sorting by date of installation isn't possbiel. Only sorting by date of patch release. The defauilt order is alphabetical.
  8.    #8  
    I ran EPR. The rebooting problem persisted.
    I ran the WebOSRepairUtility. The rebooting problem persisted.

I'm going to remove the most recent apps I've installed.

I really don't want to go see the doctor.. but might have too.
    Do you have that stupid "fast card animation patch". It made my phone do this exact thing every morning. "I have the reboot scheduler". Everything worked great before install and works great after the removal of the Fast Card Animation Patch.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
  10.    #10  
    I did have the "fast card animation patch". The 'not rebooting' thing started before I installed it. The not shutting down started after I installed it. I've done EPR, WebOSRepair and the problems persist. Now, Preware doesn't see any of the apps I have installed. I'm about to visit the doctor.

Anyone have a better solution?
  11.    #11  
    For anyone who cares, I ran WebOSDoctor. I had to run it twice. Got the message that my phone couldn't be restarted. After the 2nd try, I pulled the battery, it rebooted and came up to the activation screen. I'm downloading my data now.

All will be well.
    After many patches, my Pre quit rebooting properly. The spinner would spin for a few seconds, then stop and hang forever. But shutting down worked. Now, after a few more patches, shutdown does the same thing.

This has started to happen me in the past couple of days. Apps Ive installed in the last few days are:

CPUScalerUber
    Ampache Mobile
    Faceboook Update
    ZumoDrive
    Re-installed Preware
    Precorder

Patches Ive installed in the last few days are:
    Message Signature
    Character Counter

Has anyone else installed any of these in the past few days to see if there is a common symptom?

Gx
    Ive fixed my problem.

Ive deleted Precorder and reinstalled it and problem went away.

Gx
  14. rpr
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    I had the same problem, removed Precorder, and now it reboots. Strange, but glad it works!

Thanks!
    Pilot 1000 -> Palm Pro -> Palm III -> Handspring Visor -> Palm V -> Palm TX -> Palm LifeDrive -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Pre
    I tested the rebooting with Precorder as well and can verify that it was causing issues...
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    I have the same issue but I don't think I have precorder installed I typed it in and nothing came up ....i feel stupid even posting but can someone please help