Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone reckon we can get this working on pre ?
    It's my favorite thing about the DROID. I sometimes have our office DROID (on-call phone after hours) and love, love, love the Google Nav, especially the voice search.
    Quick! Send google a palm PDK!
  4.    #4  
    Bump
    IDK, the Sprint Nav is excellent with it's voice turn by turn directions, I use it all of the time and it's free.
    I'm assuming this requires some kind of functional GPS, which the Pre Plus does not have as of yet.
  7.    #7  
    Not a lot of use in UK though.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    NOPE. THAT REQUIRE GOOGLE SOFTWARE, AND WHY GOOGLE WILL DO THAT FOR PRE?
    This will not happen. This is for android phones and once out of beta, I'm sure a stand alone unit will be coming in the future.
    Well considering how well they fubar'd the Pre's GMaps app, it's safe to assume they are NOT trying to help Palm compete against them.

The odd thing is Google's API's are public so someone *could* just make a kick azz Gmap app for WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    IDK, the Sprint Nav is excellent with it's voice turn by turn directions, I use it all of the time and it's free.

+1 its pretty terrific with traffic updates as well (not sure if google does the traffic part but regardless)
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Shoot, I would be happy if I could just tap an address that is in an email and have it launch Sprint Nav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Shoot, I would be happy if I could just tap an address that is in an email and have it launch Sprint Nav.
    You can do this from contacts. Hold the orange key and tap the address which will give you the option to open it with Google Map or Sprint Nav. But you'd have to copy and paste the address from an email. As a shortcut, if it is properly formatted, you can just paste the entire address in the first line of the Sprint NAV (you don't have to break it up per field in the NAV) and most of the time, NAV will find the address without entering each line per field.

Just an FYI.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    In another parallel universe maybe.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    I use a Hero for work and we get our service calls as emails from dispatch. On the Android OS you just touch the address in the email and it pulls up Google maps. From there you select the address and navigate and you on your way in like 3 touches.

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    You can do this from contacts. Hold the orange key and tap the address which will give you the option to open it with Google Map or Sprint Nav. But you'd have to copy and paste the address from an email. As a shortcut, if it is properly formatted, you can just paste the entire address in the first line of the Sprint NAV (you don't have to break it up per field in the NAV) and most of the time, NAV will find the address without entering each line per field.

Just an FYI.
    Another Map App, we already have 2 and one is a Navi for us. Why would you want a 3rd...
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Another Map App, we already have 2 and one is a Navi for us. Why would you want a 3rd...
    Because Sprint Navigation, while good for turn-by-turn directions and traffic data, is useless as a mapping app, and Google Maps for webOS doesn't really do much of anything? That would be my guess.

What I really wish is that Cristian Steng would write a version of his awesome MGMaps app for webOS. No voice turn-by-turn in that one (it's not a commercial product), but lots of configuration options, ability to have favorites, etc., and it's free.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    not everyone has sprint navigation.....
    Its not like our developers have access to the Mic anyways to do voice search. but the awesome street 3d view would be supper sweet
    I see this staying as a google only feature... Unless someone in china feels like hacking it..
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast