Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuko View Post
    There's a patch for that.
    Ok, thats good to know, thanks. Where to find a patch?
    what Patch.. i am also interested..
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis01 View Post
    Ok, thats good to know, thanks. Where to find a patch?
    The patch is called "More Standby Times" and allows you to set the screen brightness timeout to "never".
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    For everyone talkinga bout Sprint Nav, not everyone on Sprint has nav. i know some of you will say you have to with your plan package to have the Pre. Well that is true unless you are on the wireless advantage club. I actually have to pay extra to get nav/radio/tv. it is only $10.00 per month but I don't see a need to pay that much per month for something I will use maybe only once a month or once every two months. it would be nice to have something else as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    If Google doesn't come through, a great deal of progress has been made on porting Navit to the Pre:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...navit-pre.html

It is still clunky to use and primitive in comparison to Sprint Navigation, but it does give spoken turn-by-turn directions and comes with free user-selectable maps for the entire world.....
    any news on the navit front for pre+??? i've been investigating the "GPS issue" and have found that it appeares to me an issue with "google services" and the GPS radio not switching between each other as needed.
    That would be off the hook!!!
    Maybe now that we have HP behind us we'll be able to get a Google Nav WebOS version.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    Maybe now that we have HP behind us we'll be able to get a Google Nav WebOS version.
    Yeah. Good luck with that. They wouldn't even give us a proper normal maps app. Even the blackberry *curve* has better google maps than we do!
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'm assuming this requires some kind of functional GPS, which the Pre Plus does not have as of yet.

The Verizon on maybe, my AT&T GPS works Flawlessly.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Maybe someone could repackage it then.

Because it's obvious Google is not playing a friendly game when it comes to there hoard of software everyone wants.

Google is fastly becoming a Monopoly.
    A monopoly of what exactly?
    I wish my currently limited google map app works on my Pre Plus. It's really frustrating. GPS on Pre Plus SUCKS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I wish my currently limited google map app works on my Pre Plus. It's really frustrating. GPS on Pre Plus SUCKS!!!
    there's a patch for that. It's called Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS on preware. After installing, it takes no more than 5 seconds from when I touch the google maps app to when it loads to when it finds my location on the map!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg47 View Post
    there's a patch for that. It's called Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS on preware. After installing, it takes no more than 5 seconds from when I touch the google maps app to when it loads to when it finds my location on the map!!
    Yes I installed that patch and didn't do anything for me.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123