Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Of course, we can all just try and make our own type of Google Nav app rather than stealing it from google or hacking it...
    Agreed
    So how about this, my fellow sceptics:
    Google Maps Navigation could come to iPhone, other platforms soon -- Engadget

"other platforms"...
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    one good thing for the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    not everyone has sprint navigation.....
    Maybe someone could repackage it then.

Because it's obvious Google is not playing a friendly game when it comes to there hoard of software everyone wants. That Engadget post doesn't say "WebOS soon", it says other platforms... N800, iPad, Standalone Units... We will see if they will play fair soon or not.
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    Another Map App, we already have 2 and one is a Navi for us. Why would you want a 3rd...
    Don't forget about YPmobile, they are using Bing Maps, which loads much faster than Google.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    This will not happen. This is for android phones and once out of beta, I'm sure a stand alone unit will be coming in the future.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that:

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklight View Post
    So how about this, my fellow sceptics:

"other platforms"...
    Sorry didn't see you already posted. Great minds...
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Another Map App, we already have 2 and one is a Navi for us. Why would you want a 3rd...
    I hate.

This kind.

Of thinking.
    I dont much like Ypmobile
    You probably don't use the Sprint Navi because if you did you'd know that map part is horrible. Can't zoom in, it tends to move all over the place but mostly away from what you were trying to zoom into.

I have to use Google maps and Sprint Navi just to see where I'm going.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    If Google doesn't come through, a great deal of progress has been made on porting Navit to the Pre:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...navit-pre.html

It is still clunky to use and primitive in comparison to Sprint Navigation, but it does give spoken turn-by-turn directions and comes with free user-selectable maps for the entire world.....
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    I'm assuming this requires some kind of functional GPS, which the Pre Plus does not have as of yet.

If you use Verizon navigation it does (GPS works for Vz Nav)
    I have never had a single problem with sprint navi and google maps... But I am a rarity being on my launch day pre.
    To those who ask why there should be any "additional" navigation.. remember there are many more Pre users in the world without ANY navigation.. Sprint is just one carrier in the US. Americans tend to forget that
    IPK FETCHER <-> An attempt against geo-filtering
  16. mt8
    sprint nav works very well in the meantime
    hi. I also use Google maps, i'd like to know how to prevent the screen form turning off.
    Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis01 View Post
    hi. I also use Google maps, i'd like to know how to prevent the screen form turning off.
    Anyone?
    There's a patch for that.
    Navit looks like a winner, they're nearly their, and have released a buggy, but still working!!Its days like today that make me love precentral that little but more!!lol
    Yes, but what are the chances of someone like AIK releasing Co-Pilot Live for WebOS? I love my Pre, but I really miss my sat-nav. I live in Ireland by the way , before another person immendiately replies Sprint.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast