1.    #1  
    I just got my + yesterday. SO far it is a love-hate relationship but I am beginning to tip to the love side. I have learned a lot and read a lot.

My most frustrating time is trying to use my plus and a "mifi" or pan. I tried to pair it with my ipod touch and my macbook but I get no where. I have downloaded the manual but I am doing something wrong. Can someone help a newbie?

THANKS>
    there shoudln't be any pairing needed. you just need to turn on the mobile hotspot app, which creates a wifi network. your wifi device then connects to that wifi network.
  3.    #3  
    I know this will sound "stupid" but where is the mobile hotspot app? I turned on the WIFI but that is where I found my home network.

Thanks for the fast reply!
    It should be an app in one of your pages, if you just got the phone then you should only have 3 pages in the launcher, just scroll thru them until you see an app that says Mobile Hotspot
    Quote Originally Posted by smith838 View Post
    I know this will sound "stupid" but where is the mobile hotspot app? I turned on the WIFI but that is where I found my home network.

app calalog
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    app calalog
    yeah, I haven't looked at a pre plus yet, I thought it just came with the mobile hotspot app installed when you got the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by smith838 View Post

I think you still have the 1.3.5 version installed. tap on update and you will update to 1.4. this will then install the mobile hotspot (it is an application that you should see together with the apps usually in the last page)
    Quote Originally Posted by mdstal View Post
    yeah, I haven't looked at a pre plus yet, I thought it just came with the mobile hotspot app installed when you got the phone.
    I'm prety sure MHS does come preloaded on the Pluses.. OP, you'll also need to activate it on your account if you haven't done that yet. You can add the service for free by logging in to your acount page at verizonwireless.com or by calling Verizon customer service.
    You have to have 1.4 to see the Mobile Hotspot. Download that and you should see it. Then, get rid of your mifi (if you have one) because the Mobile Hotspot does the same thing for free.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The mobile hotspot app will be pre-loaded once you upgrade to 1.4. Also you do not need to turn on wi-fi on the pre to use the hotspot, wi-fi on the pre is to connect to existing wireless hotspots.
  11.    #11  
    Even though I got my palmpre+ yesterday (4/20) it did not come downloaded with 1.4. I told the Verizon person today that it would help to tell us to download the updates. It would save on frustration when getting to the mobile hotspot. I downloaded and it works! THANKS EVERYONE.