Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Just wanted to share my experience with ' My Tether ' and compare Sprint's data speed to frustrating AT&T!

I'm finally warming up to Sprint and, especially the Pre !!

It's $15 very well spent!! Highly recommended!! I would've done this long ago if rooting wasn't required.

Just installed 'My Tether' and connected the laptop thru WiFi and the speed is impressive indeed! [ ~ 1.5 Mbps ] Vs the snail-speed I was suffering with on the iPhone [ MyWi - JB'en app that has the same function as 'My Tether' ] !!

This is such a relief !! I was getting ~ 50-100 Kbps on the iPhone!! There were times I was THIS close to throwing it at the wall !! [ although AT&T's to blame, not the iphone because I tried tethering on the Nokia N95-4 thru Joikuspot, and got the same slow results! ] Got bored of the 3GS too..

This is for the Dallas/Richardson [75 and Greenville] area in Texas! In Ft. Worth, it's around 1.5 - 1.8 Mbps on the iPhone, which isn't bad at all..

Paying $24/month including taxes [non-retail-employee plan] for unlimited everything plus incredible Int'l rates.. couldn't be better!!

Time to hand over the 3GS to the fiance for a while..
    iPhone 4(sold) : Palm Pre(sold) : HTC EVO 3D: Nokia E71-2: BB Bold (work)

Other Toys: '07 M5 : '08 LS7
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    You can do this for free with the mobile hotspot app and you don't have to have it tethered with a USB cord. do a thread search and you should be able to find it. and yes it does work on Sprint with an original Pre. One of my favorite apps for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by M5Rahul View Post
    Just wanted to share my experience with ' My Tether ' and compare Sprint's data speed to frustrating AT&T!

I'm finally warming up to Sprint and, especially the Pre !!

It's $15 very well spent!! Highly recommended!! I would've done this long ago if rooting wasn't required.

Just installed 'My Tether' and connected the laptop thru WiFi and the speed is impressive indeed! [ ~ 1.5 Mbps ] Vs the snail-speed I was suffering with on the iPhone [ MyWi - JB'en app that has the same function as 'My Tether' ] !!

This is such a relief !! I was getting ~ 50-100 Kbps on the iPhone!! There were times I was THIS close to throwing it at the wall !! [ although AT&T's to blame, not the iphone because I tried tethering on the Nokia N95-4 thru Joikuspot, and got the same slow results! ] Got bored of the 3GS too..

This is for the Dallas/Richardson [75 and Greenville] area in Texas! In Ft. Worth, it's around 1.5 - 1.8 Mbps on the iPhone, which isn't bad at all..

Paying $24/month including taxes [non-retail-employee plan] for unlimited everything plus incredible Int'l rates.. couldn't be better!!

Time to hand over the 3GS to the fiance for a while..
    whoa, I have a JB iphone 3gs and i had an app called "MyWi" That was amazing. It was a great app especially when im driving with my kids and they have thier itouch to surf the web, or youtube. I live in Davenport Iowa and the At&t speeds were blazing fast? Where do you live?