1.    #1  
    I wondered if somebody might be able to help - I'd like to be able to install packages directly from my device using the command line. This would be useful for times when I don't have my USB cable and the package is not available through Preware. I gather it's an ipkg command of some kind - so what would I type to:

1) Install an .ipk file from the command line
    2) Install a .patch file from the command line
    3) Uninstall a .ipk file from the command line
    4) Uninstall a .patch file from the command line

I understand (or suspect) that AUPT will not apply to any package that I install manually - anyone else reading this thread and intending to use this method should be fully aware of this also - put plainly, you must uninstall any patch that is not protected by AUPT before you perform an OTA update.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    This is how Preware Alpha and AUPT do it:

1) git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/preware.git/blob - src/luna_methods.c lines 1108 to 1290
    2) git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/blob - autopatch/postinst
    3) git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/preware.git/blob - src/luna_methods.c lines 1292 to 1393
    4) git.webos-internals.org Git - preware/build.git/blob - autopatch/prerm

Installing and removing packages (especially those with embedded services or plugins) and patches is a complex thing to get right.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals