1.    #1  
    I need help setting up my Exchange. It says the following:

"Unable to validate incoming mail server settings. Check the settings and try again."

For domain name, is it just the last part of my e-mail? Like aecom.com?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    No, "domain" is, unfortunately, something else.

For example, my school district uses an Exchange server. The settings look like this:

username: smithn
    URL: email.tucsonusd1.org
    Password: mycrazypasswordman
    Domain: tusd

Of course, none of that information is real, but I do know that I would not have known about the Exchange domain without asking my IT guy. I made the same mistake you did. If you've ever had to log in on the web using some format like this: "smithn\tusd" where smithn is your username, then the "tusd" part is your domain.
    in my case my address to access exchange services is setup as mail.(domain).com. Your best to check with who ever setup the server on what you need to use.
    my settings:
    incoming mail server
    https://webmail.xxxxx.org
    domain: (NOT USED)
    username:
    mxxx.mxxx@xxxxx.org
    password:
    xxxxx

I just used my previous setting from my Treo 755p and input them into my Pre and my email worked.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post

for my domain it is. (i.e. webmail.xxx.org the domain is just xxx.org)
    I need help setting up my Exchange. It says the following:

"Unable to validate incoming mail server settings. Check the settings and try again."

Thanks.
    Unfortunately, both sets of answers you're getting are correct, kind of.

"Domain" in this case, is asking for the Active Directory domain. Sometimes it is the same as your email domain, but there is nothing that guarantees that (and is actually usually something different).

Try leaving it blank. If that doesn't work, send a note to your IT support team and ask what the Active Directory domain is for your Exchange system.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks, guys. Unfortunately, my it department won't give me the domain name because of company policy. Not really sure why.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Like mamouton said, if you can log onto you webmail exchange server, it would be easier to setup.
    my setup is:
    Incoming mail server: https://webmail.mycompany.com/exchange
    Domain: left blank
    username: my username or my username@mycompany.com
    password: my password
  9.    #9  
    I have the mail server, but it's saying the certificate is not a trusted certificate.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I have the mail server, but it's saying the certificate is not a trusted certificate.
    you need to visit the website for web access of your email if it exists and trust the certificate, I think you can install it another way am unaware of how to do so
    Hopefully someone with a greater knowledge of Microsoft Exchange can help me out.

I personally own a Verizon Palm Pre Plus. My office has offered to provide me with a Blackberry, but I refused, as I want to be able to send/receive personal emails and phone calls on my smartphone. I do not want to carry 2 phones.

When I requested the Mail server name and server domain name for my office's Microsoft Exchange mail server, I was denied by the IT group. Their position is that they do not want a personal device connecting to their network for security reasons. I argued that I am not connecting to the business network, but the Microsoft Exchange network. They refused, not seeing my point that I would be saving the business money by not having them pay for a new blackberry and associated monthly fees.

My thought is that I should be able to connect to the company's Microsoft Exchange server by just entering the Mail server name and server domain name in the Pre's mail settings (along with my existing login ID & password).

A co-worker will allow me to "look" at the settings on their blackberry to see these settings. Where on the blackberry can I find them? Will this work or do the company's IT people have to specifically allow each device access to Microsoft Exchange?

It would be a great deal easier to be able to sync my personal & work email & calendar on my Pre. Currently I have to manually double enter calendar entries on both systems.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
    blackberry settings won't help you. I was in your situation. Once they supported iphones, I was able to use their settings.

ps, you can add personal email to your blackberry without mixing the two...
    point your phone browser to that URL and accept the certificate. Then configure the email app. That worked for me...
    i have an issue with exchange and hope someone can help - i have a touchpad and a vzw pre2 with 2.1 installed ( not metadoctored) both behave in the exact same way.
    when i try to install an exchange account it installs as an email account not an exchange and the outgoing server name is unresolved - i have tried everything and can recieve e-mails but cannot send. if i manually set up the exchange account i can send mail and the calandar and contacts all sync correctly but no emails can be viewed or recieved ( the funny thing is that i have a lot of mail in folders and the folders sync but not the mail) so i can recieve e-mail with the set up "email" account and i can send with the set up exchange account but would really rather just have the exchange set up.

holy crud i typed this whole post so i am going to still post it but here is the funny thing -- as i am typing my long post my wife changed the setting for how long to keep e-mails from 3 days to forever and all of my e-mail showed up

settings arrrrgh
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post

When I requested the Mail server name and server domain name for my office's Microsoft Exchange mail server, I was denied by the IT group. Their position is that they do not want a personal device connecting to their network for security reasons. I argued that I am not connecting to the business network, but the Microsoft Exchange network. They refused, not seeing my point that I would be saving the business money by not having them pay for a new blackberry and associated monthly fees.
    Well, you are kinda on their business network, which is why many banks won't allow Palm Pre devices on their Exchange servers because the Pre won't encrypt the entire device....
    anyhow...
    I've set up exchange servers and they can be finicky when trying to get a device to connect to it.
    but for domains, it could be the domain contained in your email. It isn't for us.
    For me, the exchange server is : exchange.xxxxx.com
    The domain is : ababab (this is optional)
    username: either ababab\username or username (if domain, above, is used)

Here's how to get more info:
    Open up Outlook, and look at an email, preferably from someone within your domain.
    I have Outlook 2010, so this might be different for you. Once you've opened up the email, click on the file tab. Then Click Properties. Look at the "Internet Headers", and in there you'll find your domain, as well as the server hosting Exchange. Look for The Message ID. For mine, it looks like this:
    EE6DDF9D4810CC47BCFEECF1B05A7058717F...D.xxxxxx.local.
    So my server is Raymond but what I need to enter for exchange server is actually "exchange.xxxxx.com" which I got from my email address, my domain is actually just xxxxxx, "local" is a hold over from when Windows 2000 first came out.
    I hope that made sense. I'm doing this from work while many people are coming to me for help. Argh.
    peace

Oh, and you need to install the certificate if they have a self-signed certificate.
    Last edited by Neitzl; 07/29/2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: forgot something