Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Pros:
    - USB/charging cord will be flush against the Pre
    - Cover won't be sticking out if I'm on the phone and charging it at the same time

Cons:
    - Dust might get into the USB port?
    - ?

Thoughts?
    ok....
    I've been getting by without one for some time now....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I removed my USB cover last year. I have a case, which I had to remove anytime I wanted open the USB cover. I looked at my blackberry, which never had a cover for its usb plug, I've had that for 2 years, so I figured, 'why not'. I just don't go swimming with the thing, and no issues so far.
    I pry my USB cover out once a week or so, when I actually hook something up to it. It's not like you'd use it regularly with this phone as you can just plop it on the touchstone to charge - the only time you actually need to stick something in a Pre (or pixi) is when you need to add music or use webOSQI in one of those rare cases where Preware just won't cut it, or something of the like. But I'm pretty sure that a higher percentage of iPhone users buy docks with no functionality at all apart from charging it while standing upright than Pre users buy Touchstones, which are actually a huge leap for charging technology (if only one small step for a company).
    It may seem such a little thing to plug... well, a plug into your phone - but once you've seen how easy it is to just lay your phone down and have it charging, you don't wanna go back. I don't wanna go back.

As for principle, the only way your Pre will suffer from an open USB door is in terms of looks. My old HTC Herald's USB port has been open to the elements for a bit over two years, and it's still working just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    ok....
    nice avy
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I pry my USB cover out once a week or so, when I actually hook something up to it. It's not like you'd use it regularly with this phone as you can just plop it on the touchstone to charge - the only time you actually need to stick something in a Pre (or pixi) is when you need to add music or use webOSQI in one of those rare cases where Preware just won't cut it, or something of the like. But I'm pretty sure that a higher percentage of iPhone users buy docks with no functionality at all apart from charging it while standing upright than Pre users buy Touchstones, which are actually a huge leap for charging technology (if only one small step for a company).
    It may seem such a little thing to plug... well, a plug into your phone - but once you've seen how easy it is to just lay your phone down and have it charging, you don't wanna go back. I don't wanna go back.

As for principle, the only way your Pre will suffer from an open USB door is in terms of looks. My old HTC Herald's USB port has been open to the elements for a bit over two years, and it's still working just fine.
    Nice that your touchstone works! - I have 2 touchstones, neither work correctly, Charging cycles on and off continuously.
    The Pre has about the most finicky charging circuit I have ever seen.
    I use the PrePlus and still use the USB cover, I like the cover, but the Pre2, Pre3, TouchPad, and even the contacts on the Veer are not covered... So removing it will not cause any alarm, but it keeps the little bread board covered so it won't snap...
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    Pros:
    - USB/charging cord will be flush against the Pre
    - Cover won't be sticking out if I'm on the phone and charging it at the same time

Cons:
    - Dust might get into the USB port?
    - ?

Thoughts?
    Mama said never stick anything in your USB port except your elbow.
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    You should be fine without one. It only adds unnecessary hassle when you plug in your micro-USB plug.
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
    Mine accidentally was ripped off and I never missed it.