Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There has to be some criticism towards Palm for not having a Simple Recorder on the phone. May be not when the phone was launched but atleast a year after it ...

I dont think it is that difficult. It is useful sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    There has to be some criticism towards Palm for not having a Simple Recorder on the phone. May be not when the phone was launched but atleast a year after it ...

I dont think it is that difficult. It is useful sometimes.
    Really? So, since you know it's not difficult, I take it you know how to do it. Please share with Palm the code, I'm sure they'll appreciate it. Be sure, before you submit it, that you ensure that it does not interfere with any other multitasking item that may be running in the background, including multi-tasking applications that haven't been written yet.

I know, a bit snarky. But I suspect that it's more "difficult" than you think.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    seriously with the *****ing, ok how bout this if your all so unsatisfied with palm, jump ship and go to android, or iphone, or rim or invent your own shiny pos OS or device or company for that matter, im gonna hang out and be satisfied with webos, sure no voice recorder but there are ways around that. . . anyways why come into a community full of people striving to make this phone the best it can be, and constantly fill it with complaints rather than helpful suggestions. . . sorry didnt mean to vent like that but it does get irritating checking the forums and all you see is whining, complaining and polls about leaving webos for whatever shiny new pos android comes out with, maybe if your not that devoted to palm and their success you shouldnt be here! ! !
    wow... why so touchy? the OP asked a simple question...

Quote Originally Posted by joshrothstein View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for free voice recorder application for my palm pre. Any recommendations?? Please Advise. Thanks!
    He said PLEASE didnt he? geez. He wasnt knocking the phone or anything... could be a newbie. I work in IT and doesnt matter how much you think people should know this or that... still will always be someone to ask and just be polite and answer.

He bought the phone so you would think that webos is his 'shiny pos OS' that he wants. No harm in asking... maybe could be recent news that may have come up.

Can't tell people, "Didnt have it before you bought it, so why ask moron?"... Does that mean people can't hope for one in the next update or just accept it will NEVER happen?

To the OP... sorry dude, no MIC API so no voice recorder... maybe someday.

Quote Originally Posted by add309 View Post
    seriously with the *****ing, ok how bout this if your all so unsatisfied with palm, jump ship and go to android, or iphone, or rim or invent your own shiny pos OS or device or company for that matter, im gonna hang out and be satisfied with webos, sure no voice recorder but there are ways around that. . . anyways why come into a community full of people striving to make this phone the best it can be, and constantly fill it with complaints rather than helpful suggestions. . . sorry didnt mean to vent like that but it does get irritating checking the forums and all you see is whining, complaining and polls about leaving webos for whatever shiny new pos android comes out with, maybe if your not that devoted to palm and their success you shouldnt be here! ! !
    Quote Originally Posted by joshrothstein View Post
    Hey, I'm looking for free voice recorder application for my palm pre. Any recommendations?? Please Advise. Thanks!
    Look here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...00#post2426300
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    why do people keep asking the same question? When others have asked in the past.
    people keep asking because the pre sucks... Every smartphone n the world has a simple voice recorder option.. I dont blame people 4 asking... The HTC EVO 4G has it.. Thats why Pre is dead 2 me
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdigital777 View Post
    people keep asking because the pre sucks... Every smartphone n the world has a simple voice recorder option.. I dont blame people 4 asking... The HTC EVO 4G has it.. Thats why Pre is dead 2 me
    Man with all the EVO masturbaters here lately, makes me appreciate the iPhone droolers a whole lot more. What an annoying bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Also takes up 99 times more space! GOOD IDEA!
    Put your finger over the camera. It cuts down space used. 11 secs that way took just 300KB.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Uh no.. Perhaps when I brought the phone like many others on June 6 2009 there were little information about what the phone had and didn't have. So there was no research to be done.
    Actually, I had a full owners manual (which was avilable on this very web site) before I bought the phone. The absence of instructions for a VR should have been a clue...
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdigital777 View Post
    Really?? You have an HTC EVO? Where'd you get it? I'm impressed!
    In case you missed it a couple of posts back, http://discussion.treocentral.com/we...2-zcorder.html is what you want and is available through Preware.

"zcorder is a multimedia recording solution. Currently, it features the ability to record from a microphone, as well as a "media capture" option that allows you to record what other apps are playing (good for cutting ringtones)."
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12