1.    #1  

I had a water resistance bag for my LG Voyager and EnV Touch, but the bag didn't fit well around the Palm Pre. The odd shape of the Pre's Qwerty made it tough to use the keyboard with the bag on. I could still use the Virtual-Keyboard, but that gets annoying when I have to write a lot.
    So I was wondering if anyone here has found a water resistance bag that fits perfectly over the Pre? It's becoming hotter and more stormy outside, so I want to get another bag that will protect my phone where ever their is water.

I can't remember the name of the other bag that I had used, but it had a Blue backing, with a Clear front, and at the top there was a Yellow bar, with 2 Black knobs on it. When the case was closed, it created an air-tight bubble around the phone. So that is the same type of case I am trying to find again. I just don't want to spend money on a case, that causes the same problems as the case I gave away. I also don't want to buy some cheap junk, that doesn't seal correctly.

Sugggestions? Any help is appreciated!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Funny thing is... when walking my dog in bad weather I actually use a Redneck solution by using a Glad ziplock sandwich bag. lol Works and is dead cheap.

...wonders to himself why the OP felt the need for the bold.
    A Glad zip-loc bag? Costs about $0.02 per bag lol

Seriously, are you just using your phone while it's raining? Or canoing/kayaking,, that kinda stuff?
    I always use two ziplock's, one inside the other with the end's on opposite sides
    This signature for rent
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Funny thing is... when walking my dog in bad weather I actually use a Redneck solution by using a Glad ziplock sandwich bag. lol Works and is dead cheap.
    I did try that for a while, but I noticed one day that there was a mist in the bag. I'm pretty sure it came from my hand, before I put the phone in the bag. So now I only trust bags that are actually built to keep my phone dry.

A plastic bag does work in the short-term though.

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    A Glad zip-loc bag? Costs about $0.02 per bag lol

Seriously, are you just using your phone while it's raining? Or canoing/kayaking,, that kinda stuff?

Yeah, I take my phone everywhere. If I'm going to a lake, the pool, the gym, ect. I want me phone to be safe. And spending $20 on a bag is better then paying out $100 for a refurbished replacement. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't have money to throw away. So just like you get oil changes to your vehicle; to prevent a more costly problem from happening later on. I use this type of bag to make sure my phone is as safe as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post

...wonders to himself why the OP felt the need for the bold.
    Same! Resists scratches too.
  8.    #8  

Well this was a complete waste of time...

The Mod's can close this thread now, because I'm not going to use it anymore.

Why when I post any question on some type of device that is mean't to protect my phone, I get people responding negatively? Like I am some how crazy for asking which $20 water-proof bag I should use to protect my $500 phone!

Thanks to the few users that actually tried to help. I really do appreciate it. From now on though, I will post my insane questions on safety products for my Pre, somewhere else.

Last edited by the2ndflood; 04/21/2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: F*****G JAG-OFF's!!

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I bought an otterbox (not the otterbox case for the pre). It works perfect. I use it when i go on canoe trips. I know its not a sleeve/bag but it does the job.
    I don't see how people weren't trying to help. A Ziploc bag is a good suggestion...

Anyway, you could try those vacuum bags that are always advertised on TV