1.    #1  
    So, my 3rd bluetooth in a week, the Jawbone Icon, didn't work out. No good at all in moderately windy situations. My last shot at bluetooth is the Plantronics Voyager Pro. If this doesn't work, I'll resign myself to the fact that bluetooth technology can't handle background noise AND wind.

It doesn't look "cool", but if it works then I'll be down with. I buy a sleek new phone and my last hope for a bluetooth is reminiscent of cheap 90s telemarketer...ironic.
    Did ya mean to post this over here?
    plantronics voyager pro is a great headset
    I thought the Jawbones were state-of-the-art? If that didn't cut it then what's left?
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I picked up a couple of these for $4 each at a local store that sells overstock/surplus stuff. I didn't really expect much from them but they work great, even in the loud truck I drive for work. I don't think I would pay the $80 that the P|C Store wants for them (or any headset for that matter) though.

http://store.precentral.net/motortre.../9A32A3779.htm
    How did the Icon not work out? I've had mine for two months and love it.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I've been using the Voyager for about 3 years now. I use it for my office phone and my Pre. It's been pretty solid for me.
    dude have you tried the backbeat this best i used so far backbeat 903 by plantronics give it a try, goes for $100 but ebay $50
    My husband and I both have the voyager pro and we love them. I never miss a word and nobody constantly says "what did you say?"
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    So, my 3rd bluetooth in a week, the Jawbone Icon, didn't work out. No good at all in moderately windy situations. My last shot at bluetooth is the Plantronics Voyager Pro. If this doesn't work, I'll resign myself to the fact that bluetooth technology can't handle background noise AND wind.
    Have you looked at the Blue Ant T1 claims? Supposedly it'll comes out in May. I'm waiting for that to get some real life reviews before upgrading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    dude have you tried the backbeat this best i used so far backbeat 903 by plantronics give it a try, goes for $100 but ebay $50
    i got the backbeat 903 and have had very bad experience with it. it shut down on me twice and on the second attempt on exchanging it they "lost" it in the mail and never got it so i am out a bluetooth headset. i should have got tracking.
    This headset has not worked well for me. Its comfortable but the noise cancellation does not work that well. Doesn't do well with the wind either.

I'm now on my second one, I thought my first one was just defective(due to the great reviews I read). Both of mine have been disappointing.

I can be in my car with the stereo on at a really low volume setting and everyone I talk to asks me to turn down the volume. On a 1-30 sound setting in my car, its on 6 and people of complaining the backround noise is to loud. At a 6 setting, I can't turn down the volume much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    plantronics voyager pro is a great headset
    Quote Originally Posted by wickcity View Post
    This headset has not worked well for me. Its comfortable but the noise cancellation does not work that well. Doesn't do well with the wind either.

I'm now on my second one, I thought my first one was just defective(due to the great reviews I read). Both of mine have been disappointing.

I can be in my car with the stereo on at a really low volume setting and everyone I talk to asks me to turn down the volume. On a 1-30 sound setting in my car, its on 6 and people of complaining the backround noise is to loud. At a 6 setting, I can't turn down the volume much lower.
    you must have a defective unit..i've had clear conversations in a windstorm with the Voyager Pro and the other person heard nary a swoosh. The dual mic's work great to cancel out background noise. Call clarity is excellent and I never feel as if i am on a headset and people never say "what" or ask me if i am on a headset. It's very comfortable and very functional.

I've used several headsets including a few Jabras and this is by far the best i've used to date.
    I highly recommend, the Plantronics 903 and 906.

They are Plantronics Stereo Bluetooth Headset!

Great for phone calls, great for music!

Comfortable fit!

The 903's are just the headset, the 906 is the headset plus an audio adapter for those devices that do not support bluetooth, like your TV.

Here is a link to the 906:

BackBeat 906 Bluetooth wireless stereo headphones

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHolyGrail View Post
    How did the Icon not work out? I've had mine for two months and love it.
    It did pretty good with noise cancelation, but not with wind. Just walking outside in a light breeze, I had people saying that I was breaking up and they couldn't hear me. I was surprised, b/c it's Cnet's editor's pick for 2010 and they gave it great reviews for wind canceling. In my car, it worked fine. Also, oddly enough, it didn't seem to work when I was reclined. I was talking on the phone while sitting in my recliner and anytime I reclined, the person I was talking to said I sounded like was a mile away. As soon as I sat up straight, it was fine again. This happened on multiple calls to different people. If I'm paying $100 for a headset (2x what I paid for my Pre Plus) then the call quality needs to be outstanding.

Since the Voyager Pro will be my 4th bluetooth that claims to cancel wind and background noise, I'm not expecting too much out of it. I'm sure it's fine for sitting around the house or car, but I need one that does well while walking outside. My guess is that the technology just isn't there yet.
    Get the Plantronic BeatBack or 903 or 906, they have two microphones that they use for noise cancellation.

I have the Plantronics 510, and they are good, but no way as good as the 903 or 906

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerstg View Post
    Have you looked at the Blue Ant T1 claims? Supposedly it'll comes out in May. I'm waiting for that to get some real life reviews before upgrading.
    Hmmmm...just looked that up online. Claims to handle wind speeds up to 22 mph. Very interesting...and it's only $79.99. Plus it has A2DP, which most others do not (not even the Icon). I'll try my Voyager Pro for a few days to see how it does. If it doesn't give the results I like, then I might just have to hold out and give this one a shot. Heck, I have 30 days to try out the Voyager Pro and still return to Verizon. I may use it for that time, buy the Blueant T1 if it comes out early enough in May and see which one is better. May is just around the corner. Thanks for the heads up!