Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I'm an opening day Pre owner and I really like Web OS. I am now on my fourth phone and number five started acting up today. With the one year warranty about to run out, do I buy the extended warranty with the next replacement? Do I hope for a lasting Pre? Do I just buy a different phone?
    There are solid Pres out there. I own one, but I understand your frustration. In my opinion it's totally worth it. As long as it's under warranty, get as many as necessary, but I would understand being too frustrated to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdejavux View Post
    wait for the evo to come out...
    This guy obviously has an ax to grind so I wouldn't pay him any attention. He hates the phone and yet continues to post.

Now onto your question. If you really love the phone and want to stay with it get the extended warranty. If you're not attached to the phone or WebOS I'd personally move onto a new device if I had gone through 5.
    I agree, getting 5 replacements is a little rediculus, but if you love the phone and os, get the extended warranty.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Well i'm going to try out the Evo. I don't want to give up the Pre, but i've never had any device need to be replaced this often. Hopefully there will be new hardware for Web OS a year from now.
    Solid choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by steve5966 View Post
    Well i'm going to try out the Evo. I don't want to give up the Pre, but i've never had any device need to be replaced this often. Hopefully there will be new hardware for Web OS a year from now.
    I'm guessing you havent had a blackberry hahaha.
    The last solid model i had of one of those was my pearl. I had issues with all of my other models
    some people have even gotten into the teens in replacements from having unsatisfactory builds.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    No matter what device you go to there is going to be some reported cases of people going through multiple replacements while someone else has never had a replacement. It's just luck or lack there of I guess. You might switch to another product and never have to deal with a replacement and then you will be on the other side of the fence wondering how someone who has the same device has gone through multiple replacements...
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    No matter what device you go to there is going to be some reported cases of people going through multiple replacements while someone else has never had a replacement. It's just luck or lack there of I guess.
    True...I still have my launch day Pre, the only issue I've had was the power button quit working recently. Took 2 tries for Sprint to fix it but so far so good. I even told them before they fixed it that I don't want another phone, new or refurb.

Now on the other hand, I purchased a Kindle 2 when they came out which had the "sun fade" issue. When you took it outside in the sun and turned the page, the text would fade so bad you could barely read it. They sent me another one that was even worse. Finally, my 3rd try I got a good one and still have it.

I also just got a Macbook Pro. That thing seems to be built like a tank. It's my first Mac and it just OOZES quality...at least that's my initial impression.

Short version: I agree with what HeartBeatZ said.

To the OP: You have more patience than I. I would have moved on after the 3rd defective one.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    You might switch to another product and never have to deal with a replacement and then you will be on the other side of the fence wondering how someone who has the same device has gone through multiple replacements...
    I want to be on that side of the fence for a while. The same problems may happen with the Evo, but the Pre has a bad history for me.