1.    #1  
    so i havent seen my home girl for a min, she has the pixi, so im bragging to her that i got the 720 patch, its really fast, she isnt a geek like i am so she has no patches or even preware at all. i asked her if she did the the update she said yeah, she also said its fast,,,i laugh and said ok,,,,,,,we had the test, it was pretty neck and neck with me with pretty much ever app except for camera, photo, and music....but yeah looks like that new update by palm did increase the speed of the phone.... need thats 1gh asap
    Last edited by Seven_Speed; 08/22/2010 at 11:50 AM.
    What are you trying to say exactly?
    So your testing 720mhz load times on a Pre to a Pixi? And they came out tied, but you still think we need a 1ghz processor?
    Ok, so you were comparing a 720MHZ Pre to a stock Pixi? I'm assuming you have a Verizon Pre and she has a Sprint Pixi since you mentioned the update...

Also, 1GHZ won't make the Pre any faster due to bottlenecks in other parts of the phone. 800MHZ is the max.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Ok, so you were comparing a 720MHZ Pre to a stock Pixi? I'm assuming you have a Verizon Pre and she has a Sprint Pixi since you mentioned the update...

Also, 1GHZ won't make the Pre any faster due to bottlenecks in other parts of the phone. 800MHZ is the max.

we both have sprint, what im saying is i need to be faster, 720 isnt a bid deal after the update, if its pretty much the same speed as far as pulling up apps
    Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Speed View Post
    we both have sprint, what im saying is i need to be faster, 720 isnt a bid deal after the update, if its pretty much the same speed as far as pulling up apps
    The fastest we can go is 800MHZ due to other limitations. I think it's weird that the Pixi is just as fast as an overclocked Pre though...
    The 800 patch is noticeably faster. Match that with the Fast Cards patch and the pixi will lose everytime.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The fastest we can go is 800MHZ due to other limitations. I think it's weird that the Pixi is just as fast as an overclocked Pre though...
    that's what I thought,,,, how is that possible. That's why I said 1.4.1 must have speed things up
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    The 800 patch is noticeably faster. Match that with the Fast Cards patch and the pixi will lose everytime.
    gotta admit w/ fast cards app it loads nice now.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    gotta admit w/ fast cards app it loads nice now.
    Yooooo!!!! I just got that patch. that patch is sickly fast,,,,,lol imma go see my home girl again,,,,lol
  11.    #11  
    (update) My home girl (pixi) and I (Pre) both sprint both has the new update 1.4.5. Pre 800mhz patch with flash cards. Pixi stock..........believe it or not she is kinda faster then my pre by a split of a sec.........What is the deal!!!!!!!