Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sure, there are a few good one which are either fun or very useful. But really!!! Some of them are pathetic! Why are they even released. I am tired of looking each day to find "the one" that is "awesome and useful" but I find crap!
    Because there are so many different needs and wants.

Now for another question. Why is a particular word so important to use that someone has to "work around" the system's built in filters?
    some are released to give the devs ego a boost.....

I would know......
    Quote Originally Posted by kbastian29 View Post
    Sure, there are a few good one which are either fun or very useful. But really!!! Some of them are pathetic! Why are they even released. I am tired of looking each day to find "the one" that is "awesome and useful" but I find crap!
    This is the same with other app stores as well... It's just how it is.
    Have you visited a bookstore lately?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Because it's not easy to come up with a good idea and then actually write the software for the app. The really, really good ones are the result of a very clever idea or a lot of hard work (or both). Then there's a lot of folks who are trying to do something useful or fun, or trying to learn how, but may need some more time/work.

There's a few that are just trying to make a quick buck ... the success of the iPhone app store has created a bit of a "gold rush" effect.

But mostly it's just a process of developers trying to make what people want ... but people want different things and it's hard to please everyone. Personally I think it's kind of rude to criticize other peoples work this way ... but it's a free country.
    Question: What app are you looking for? can you give us a comparison? Something like... the iPhone/blackberry had this great app that.... It was useful and made my life easier..
    I have a ?, Why do some threads (http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...apps-s-ck.html) s u c k?

And why is it always somebody who has very few posts, recent member, and never thanked anyone for anything who starts them?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i want an app for the adult dating site eros.com
    or good apps like words with friends, or shazam?
    - Words With Friends
    - Strategery (such an awesome game)
    - TripIt
    - Loopt (my family uses it)
    - And every major site/company seems to have an iPhone app.
    I wouldn't say most aps, I would say vast majority of apps for pre suck.
    MacBook PRO 13" 2011 i5
    TouchPad 16GB
    HP Veer on T-Mobile
    maybe you should try making some "awesome and useful" apps
    This signature for rent
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    And why is it always somebody who has very few posts, recent member, and never thanked anyone for anything who starts them?
    Because they're like children--it takes time to learn proper etiquette.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I have a ?, Why do some threads ([url] s u c k?

Because that's what trolls do.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    My problem isn't so much the quality but the type. What I see a lot of is aggregates, soundboards, and games.

I personally want function from an App. Something that does something. I'd love a VNC client. Kill for an RDP client. Would be delighted to have a Telnet/SSH/FTP/SFTP app. Its these functional applications that are sorely missing for me.

Now, with the PDK and the continued development by the many talented members here I have constant faith that something will turn out that will start to fill these holes. What keeps me around and prevents me from going back to WinMo (which, after using WebOS, Apple's crap product, WinMo 5 - 6.5) is the fluidity and grace of WebOS. While I may not be able to do everything I could previously - I enjoy doing the things I can do on my Pre.
    Android and Apple have the same problem. 90% of the apps are junk. The only thing is they have thousands more apps.... so that means they have a few good ones. Unfortunately, WebOS has such a small user base it is harder to get high quality apps. Developers just aren't as motivated when the volume sales aren't there.
    like all the clamoring for a word processing app.. scratch is available in the app catalogue and a whole 11 people have downloaded it... pre owners are a bunch of tightwads.. i wouldnt waste my time either.... i have never seen so many people *****i-- about a 5.00 app.. and people whining because an app cost .99... i myself have spent over 100.00 dollars on some quality apps and will buy more as they become avail... if the rest of you dont start supporting the devs we wont have any apps... im embarrassed by the pre owners!!!!
    I might sound like a troll but I only brought like 3 apps only because I dont want to invest my little money on apps for a phone that I might not keep.
    --Marvin
    To the original op LOL...then your opinion of them sucks!! Write your own. There are many very useful and entertaining apps. Gee I would hate to have lived 10 years ago and not had voice mail!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast