Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I did search, and found lots of info.

But...I don't use Facebook and don't use Gmail.

Is there any other way to link the bdays on all my contacts to the webOS calendar?

I can't believe that this isnít possible...

Thanks people!
    the pre's calendar sync's with google calendar so i don't think so....why not open a google account to load your contacts into then sync the calendar?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Natively the birthdays listed in the contact birthday field do not link up with the Calendar using the Palm profile.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    add them to the calendar.
    This is nuts. Didn't Palm Pilots have this functionality a decade ago? Now that we have synergy, and this info is out there, shouldn't we have it? Isn't this very, very low hanging fruit?
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    This is nuts. Didn't Palm Pilots have this functionality a decade ago? Now that we have synergy, and this info is out there, shouldn't we have it? Isn't this very, very low hanging fruit?
    I had to purchase a 3rd party app to do this with the Palm PDAs. As a matter of fact, I'm not 100% sure I remember there being a "Birthday" field in the Contact manager on the Treo. I used DateMate, and it was great. Hope to see something as good someday on the Pre.

That said, I think there was a HomeBrew Birthdays app that reads the birthday field from Contacts (not to be confused with the SplashData app that pulls from Google).
    Isn't there a birthdays calendar you can enable in the google cal settings? Not on my laptop at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash4o View Post
    I can't believe that this isnít possible...
    It is "possible" ... you just need to use Google to do it. Otherwise, just manually enter them in the Calendar.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I had to purchase a 3rd party app to do this with the Palm PDAs. As a matter of fact, I'm not 100% sure I remember there being a "Birthday" field in the Contact manager on the Treo. I used DateMate, and it was great. Hope to see something as good someday on the Pre.

That said, I think there was a HomeBrew Birthdays app that reads the birthday field from Contacts (not to be confused with the SplashData app that pulls from Google).
    I saw the homebrew one and was going to mention it, but it made not mention on if it pulled data from Palm Profile records or Google records :/ I think it should be updated stating where it pulls data from, but that's another "gripe."

Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Isn't there a birthdays calendar you can enable in the google cal settings? Not on my laptop at the moment.
    There is a birthday calendar in Google any Google contacts that have their birthday added to the contact record can automatically be added to your Google Calendar by enabling that Free Calendar.

Otherwise you can give Splash data some money to do the same work.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    the pre's calendar sync's with google calendar so i don't think so....why not open a google account to load your contacts into then sync the calendar?
    Ok, I opened gmail account.

Now how do I get the birthdays on my Pre's contact list to the gmail account back to the Pre's calendar?

Thanks for the help!

Now how do I get the birthdays on my Pre's contact list to the gmail account back to the Pre's calendar?

Thanks for the help!
    Export your contacts from the phone, there is a patch in preware that will let you email your contacts, you can email them to yourself at your new gmail account, then import them into gmail contacts or you can manually enter them if there aren't too many.

then enable the free birthday calendar in google calendars, it will take a day or 2 but they will copy over, then on your pre enable the birthday calendar in your calendar app and presto birthday's in your pre calendar.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit

Thanks for the help!
    also i think once you take the contacts from the phone (emailing to yourself or manually entering them) you want to delete the contacts from the phone so it's empty other wise when the pre syncs with google contacts it will double them in your phone, right now they are already in there and the sync is going to put them in there too...

when i got my pre i put them right into google from my blackberry and i only sync contacts with google not palm profile so i have 1 set of contacts that i back up on my desktop in case google crashes or a volcano erupts or something like that...lol