Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 76
  1. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was reading the comments on the pre plus coming to sprint.

    A few people wanted a bigger screen? WHY??!?


    Why do you want to carry a brick in you pocket? or in you hands?

    Why do people want a bigger screen, for what??
  2. #2  
    because you are touching things on the screen and the bigger the screen the easier it is to use plus if you are watching videos its allot better, can't wait to pickup the 4.3 inch HTC Evo 4G.

    Also any apps you use or play games are easier to see on a bigger screen. Why do people want bigger tv's plus for example I don't care how big the phone is so thats not a problem for allot of people. I'd carry around that Dell Mini 5. Don't care about it being a brick.
  3. #3  
    I don't want a bigger screen, I just want a slightly slimmer device for a nicer fit in my trouser pocket.
  4. #4  
    On a bigger screen:
    Browsing is a much better experience
    Virtual keyboards are better
    Videos are better
    Games are better
    Theres room in the body for a larger battery
  5. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    because you are touching things on the screen and the bigger the screen the easier it is to use plus if you are watching videos its allot better, can't wait to pickup the 4.3 inch HTC Evo 4G.
    The icons on the bigger screen dont seem any bigger, also you can zoom in to most webpages to click on them.

    I guess I dont have a problem with touching things on the screen.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I was reading the comments on the pre plus coming to sprint.

    A few people wanted a bigger screen? WHY??!?


    Why do you want to carry a brick in you pocket? or in you hands?

    Why do people want a bigger screen, for what??
    I'm with you on this one. What really attracted me to the Pre Plus was the screen size. I just don't want to tote around a huge phone. It's not like I'll be chilling out to watch "Gone With the Wind" on my phone anytime soon. The screen size is absolutely perfect. If they maybe wanted to do away with the gesture area and add a little to screen size there, that would make sense, but they shouldn't make a bigger phone.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I don't want a bigger screen, I just want a slightly slimmer device for a nicer fit in my trouser pocket.
    Have you checked out the Pixi?

    Personally, I would love a bigger screen in the next WebOS device
  8. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    On a bigger screen:
    Browsing is a much better experience
    Virtual keyboards are better
    Videos are better
    Games are better
    Theres room in the body for a larger battery
    But then you are carrying around a Archos or big pocket video player. Soon they will have the ipad be a cell phone lol
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I was reading the comments on the pre plus coming to sprint.

    1. A few people wanted a bigger screen? WHY??!?


    2. Why do you want to carry a brick in you pocket? or in you hands?

    3. Why do people want a bigger screen, for what??
    1. Maybe because I have rather thick fingers and the rather cramped screen gets more annoying the longer I live with the phone. Or... Maybe because I'm getting older and like to be able to actually SEE what it is I'm trying to do.

    2. Maybe because I would have the phone in a holster and not in my pocket.

    3. Maybe you're starting to repeat yourself (See 1)

    Why do you even care what someone else wants or needs? Does it somehow inconvenience you if they do?
  10. #10  
    it's because a larger screen is better and with how small the pre's screen is (smallest of the main touch screen devices) most would like one that is bigger. I am with you that I don't want to lug around a brick (a 4.3" screen for me is to big for a protable device, but 3.5-3.7" would be perfect)
  11. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
       #11  
    I remember not so long ago, that everyone was complain about how BIG their phones where, and they wanted them smaller and smaller.

    Now they want them bigger and bigger LOL
  12. #12  
    A big screen is required if it's going o be a touch screen. That's what the pre got wrong. You can't have a small touch screen without a stylus. That's why the treo was so successful. Now Palm is tring to reinvent the smartphone interface (which it succeeded) AND the smartphone hardware (which isn't necessary) The gesture is rudundent since the phone is touchscreen. A good example is web browsing. There are two ways to go back. For Pre 2 the should remove the gesture area to make the screen bigger and widen the phone to make the keyboard bigger. If bonnie cha at cnet thinks the pre keyboard is small then what do you think the average american male thinks about the small keyboard. The again this phone is geared towards multi tasking moms who can't decide the right shoe store to go to.
    Last edited by Dvigilante1; 04/20/2010 at 03:25 PM.
  13. #13  
    I would like a slightly bigger screen, maybe up to 4.0, but i think even that is pushing it as far as comfortable pocketability goes- FOR ME.
  14. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    A big screen is required if it's going o be a touch screen. That's what the pre got wrong. You can't have a small touch screen without a stylus. That's why the tre was successful. Palm was tring to reinvent the smartphone interface (which it succeeded) AND the smartphone hardware. The gesture is rudendent since the phone is touchscreen. A good point is web browsing. There are two ways to go back.
    gesture area is amazing fool! Its like a advanced home button on the iphone.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

    Personally, I would love a bigger screen in the next WebOS device
    Cosign this.
    Prē
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    gesture area is amazing fool! Its like a advanced home button on the iphone.
    I agree,they need to keep the gesture area, but maybe make it a little thinner.
  17. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #17  
    Because I don't want to have to pinch zoom everytime, just to read one sentence when browsing. With such a graphically designed phone why not? Who wants to have to squint to watch videos?
  18. #18  
    I love it how it is! Thinner maybe!!!!!! More power. 4g
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
  19. VKitty's Avatar
    Posts
    290 Posts
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Because I don't want to have to pinch zoom everytime, just to read one sentence when browsing. With such a graphically designed phone why not? Who wants to have to squint to watch videos?

    When is the new iPad Phone being released??
  20. Leke's Avatar
    Posts
    597 Posts
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    When is the new iPad Phone being released??
    Why not ask the millions of iPhone users that made apple rich? I'm sure they will also have advice to give to palm and their amazing pre/pixi sales.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions