Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Still a virgin after my first week with it and going to stay that way.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Anyone else who has NOT installed anything homebrew or preware on their pre?

I used to have "some patches" like the loved 800mhz patch and fb chat patch.

They are all very useful, but i doctored my pre in preparation for the supposedly 1.4.1 from verizon (i just felt that removing the patches is not enough ), and now have been happy so far. (pending the update)

Battery life has been better, more stable (no reboots or glitches, aside form the double type and gps issues). BUT I miss the 800 mhz patch's speed. But overall i think i will stick with a virgin pre!

How about you guys?
    I want to install preware,but lack of my own pc and fear of bugs or malfunctions,keeps my pre(and me)humble. I do hope one day some how preware makes it to the app catalog. Maybe in a lite version or something like that. So yeah, my pres a virgin I guess.

Side note, that update for all you verizon folks better have something great, cuz 1.4.1.1 on sprint is superior to 1.4. I'm starting to think you are all going to get the next update first instead of 1.4.1.?. It could happen after this much time.
    Last edited by bdog421; 04/21/2010 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Anyone else who has NOT installed anything homebrew or preware on their pre?

I used to have "some patches" like the loved 800mhz patch and fb chat patch.

They are all very useful, but i doctored my pre in preparation for the supposedly 1.4.1 from verizon (i just felt that removing the patches is not enough ), and now have been happy so far. (pending the update)

Battery life has been better, more stable (no reboots or glitches, aside form the double type and gps issues). BUT I miss the 800 mhz patch's speed. But overall i think i will stick with a virgin pre!

How about you guys?
    hahaha virgin pre.

joe: hey what carrier do you have on that pre?
    bob: oh, its virgin
    joe: im not asking if its deflowered, im asking your cell phone carrier. i dont want to know what you do in your personal life, thank you!
    bob: ??

thank you mytether
    my pre is a virgin 2....had no need to do homebrew apps or anything else to the phone...not a hardcore fan of apps and watnot...Loving my phone as it is...
    Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked to, but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected
    mines will stay stock for a while..only had mine for 3 weeks..
    Mine was until last night, than I got the patch/tweak bug lol ...

Don't know why I waited so long,

Love my 5x5s
    Love my addition to univeral search Wikipedia, Yahoo, and Bing
    Love my squarified screen real estate
    Love my new preware version
    Love my email words instead of icons (so weird why palm did that)

Now only if i could do a Beautiful Widget Homescreen I would contemplate the EVO even more -
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123