Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Of course, the two icons had just become superimposed on top of one another and I couldn't move to any other home screens, for some reason. Once I reset it, my "new app" that apparently was a byproduct of de-virginizing my Pre was gone....nice to know that Pre cleans up afterwards, isn't it?
    I use a virgin Sprint Pre because I can't get webOS Quick Install to work on my PC.
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    that double icon bug does happen when I de-virginized
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prebulls View Post
    that double icon bug does happen when I de-virginized
    You had the Mobile Wetspot, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    I use a virgin Sprint Pre because I can't get webOS Quick Install to work on my PC.
    Did you try the standalone Preware installer?
  6.    #26  
    doing a full erase and doctoring is entirely different thing (i had the same thought before)

full erase deletes usb files and programs you have installed but does not delete patches you have installed.

doctoring however does not delete usb files (in 1.4 not sure with 1.4.1) and deletes patches since it overwites the whole system files.

hth

Quote Originally Posted by mrtonk View Post
    It's pretty funny that I saw this thread, because I have a related story.

I couldn't get rid of some elements of the last theme that I used, so I decided that a full erase was the way to go.

I now had a Virgin Pre.

Of course, now I had to break her in with Preware. Slowly. Gently.

I was more surprised than I should have been when I saw the new app that had apparently just appeared after attempting Save/Restore through Preware. I did a serious double-take. None of it made sense until after I saw this thread. Check the upper left corner of the attached screenshot....
    Last edited by johnj2803; 04/20/2010 at 06:34 PM.
    After running into so many problems with patches (no offense to patchlovers or developers) I doctored my Pre and now it's as virgin as it can be. To be honest 800Mhz patch came useful with my old Pre but with this new one on WebOS 1.4.1.1 I don't see much of a speed difference to take the risks and hassle (of redoctoring before WebOS updates) associated with it.
    I thought I was alone, I'm not the only one with a virgin pre. (lol)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have a Virgin Pre with just a one patch -- Battery meter... Does that qualify?
    Oh she's virgin all right. Not for long. I'm going to have my way with this sassy new purty little thing with purty little new usb ports.

/mine was stolen and just had it replaced yesterday
    //still not totally virgin after palm backup, they remembered how many pages of apps i had
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    My pre is dirty little wh0re....no i kid its a virgin no preware
    /Lawl at not only your post, but your pic as well...My pre has 26 patches, mostly small things. I don't like the 4x4 or higher patches...I'm cool with 3x3
    Quote Originally Posted by rwinger View Post
    I have a Virgin Pre with just a one patch -- Battery meter... Does that qualify?
    Nope, it's been tainted. It can't be mostly a virgin
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    My pre is dirty little wh0re....
    this made me laugh! does that make Precentral a Pimp? just kidding and i agree your avatar is funny too!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwinger View Post
    I do not think anatomical basis for the metaphor used would be called a virgin too
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Did you try the standalone Preware installer?
    What? What is this you speak of?
    THIS IS HOW WE HANDLE BUSINESS
    My Pre is completely untouched by hacks and patches.
    Quote Originally Posted by glassadam View Post
    What? What is this you speak of?
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

You don't need WebOS Quick Install to get Preware onto your phone. There are instructions on the page I linked to.
    My husband's and mine are both virgins. We have only put apps (free) on our phones and that's about it. I think the people that put some of that other stuff on their phones are the ones that are always complaining that their phones don't work properly. Ours work fine most of the time. The last update took care of the too many cards open that we occasionally got on both our phones.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    virgin here (Pre-wise)
    obviously a virgin
    virgins are only good for one thing.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast