1.    #1  
    This isn't a huge deal to me, just curious if this is something that could added via updates? I don't really know anything about computers, but why can I watch YouTube videos, but not mpeg or wma from other websites?
    WMA is a Windows proprietary file. We don't have Windows phones. If a deal was reached between MS and Palm, then they'd support it. Otherwise, it's mp4.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    WMA is a Windows proprietary file. We don't have Windows phones. If a deal was reached between MS and Palm, then they'd support it. Otherwise, it's mp4.
    I believe it also depends on the app, Kinoma EX for example supports wma and wmv however it is not available for webos yet...
    It's odd the Pre can't play MPG files. Don't quote me but I seem to recall Treos being able to play MPG and WMV. Surrised no movie player app isn't available yet. I guess the devs are to busy with droid and apple
    Quote Originally Posted by migs View Post
    I believe it also depends on the app, Kinoma EX for example supports wma and wmv however it is not available for webos yet...
    Hopefully Kinoma EX will be available soon in classic.
    Palm Pro->m505->Zodiac 2->Treo 680->Treo Pro->Pre+
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvigilante1 View Post
    It's odd the Pre can't play MPG files. Don't quote me but I seem to recall Treos being able to play MPG and WMV. Surrised no movie player app isn't available yet. I guess the devs are to busy with droid and apple
    So it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Pre could play wmv and mpg files?
    WebOS does not support WMA, or Mpeg2 video.
    It's just like the official MSN client, no deal with Microsoft then no client
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    So it's not out of the realm of possibility that the Pre could play wmv and mpg files?
    Not out of the realm but unlikely. WMV needs to be licensed by microsoft increasing the cost of making the decoder. Not to mention both wmv and mpg are dieing formats when compared to h.264 and other newer and better compression formats. I think a decoder can be made or ported via the PDK, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a dev to come out with it.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3