1.    #1  
    I have a Palm Pre Plus and just rec'd a strange notification. It looked like a Gmail notification that said "Your Account Has Been Locked." When I clicked it, it took me to a website where I would enter my email address, password and then enter two words from a "Captcha"-like security tool. Suspicious, I ignored the page and closed out. Looking back in my Gmail, I see no indication that I ever received a message from Google or anybody. Anybody else receive this?
    Quote Originally Posted by endofrico View Post
    I have a Palm Pre Plus and just rec'd a strange notification. It looked like a Gmail notification that said "Your Account Has Been Locked." When I clicked it, it took me to a website where I would enter my email address, password and then enter two words from a "Captcha"-like security tool. Suspicious, I ignored the page and closed out. Looking back in my Gmail, I see no indication that I ever received a message from Google or anybody. Anybody else receive this?
    Sounds like a phishing attempt. Hope you didn't give them your credentials. If you did, you may want to change them right away from a trusted computer.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I was getting this same message about a week ago. I think maybe it is a legit malfunction of some sort.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    I get that from time to time I don't think it's legit. A true legit webos notification would not take you to a captcha website. I just swipe it away.
    definitely a phishing attempt. Do not give your Gmail password out! Instead, go to google yourself and login from there. If it still says locked after logging in manually, it may be legit
    I definitely was having this issue...My gmail account kept locking. I DID give my credentials when it directed me to the web page, but I didn't notice anything different. I could still log on to my gmail account on the computer just fine - but my palm pre wouldn't sync with the same credentials. **HERE'S HOW I FIXED IT**I went on my computer and CHANGED my gmail password(as Knobbysideup from above suggests). I removed the account from my pre and then added it again. So far I haven't had the account lock on me.

Hope this helps...

;D
    Last edited by dc41981; 04/25/2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: grammatical errors