Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34
  1.    #1  
    Well I guess this is it.

    My wife has been out of her VZW contract for a few months now and I have been trying to get her to go with the pre. I've been showing her mine (on Sprint), bragging about how much money we would save, showing her the multitasking and sweet notification system etc etc etc etc but apparently to no avail. Today she wants to go get an iPhone.

    /sigh.
  2. #2  
    Pick your battles well. She knows where you sleep. (On the couch with the cat/dog).
  3. #3  
    If she's hellbent on getting an iPhone at least tell her to wait a couple more months till the new one comes out.
  4. #4  
    geez i thought it would be easy people have been saying that it is a girl phone for a long time now
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

    Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

    My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5.    #5  
    Haha so true. Just irks me that Apple has the mindshare that says "iPhone is the coolest" among people who don't really know that much about phones/gadgets.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Pick your battles well. She knows where you sleep. (On the couch with the cat/dog).
    LOL... This is a battle best left to time. I have little battles with my gf and when I finally realize I won't win (every time)... I simply back off.. and after a while she comes around and says 'you were right'. Ok... I may have dreamt that part.

    Point is... let her get the iPhone, but keep doing cool stuff with yours that she can't do and she'll start seeing the grass really is greener on your side of the fence. Always remember... her happiness = you not becoming the next John Bobbitt.
  7. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #7  
    Does saving $ mean nothing to people these days? Two full data plans on 2 separate networks for the same household and one of the 2 have been off contract "for a few months" negating the excuse of just married?! Am I the only one who finds this utterly ridiculous?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Does saving $ mean nothing to people these days? Two full data plans on 2 separate networks for the same household and one of the 2 have been off contract "for a few months" negating the excuse of just married?! Am I the only one who finds this utterly ridiculous?
    judge much?
  9. #9  
    at least wait for the newer model. It'd be a bigger waste to get one now...
  10. #10  
    Def wait for the next one atleast.. or show her some interesting android phones.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    at least wait for the newer model. It'd be a bigger waste to get one now...
    Quote Originally Posted by alxb View Post
    If she's hellbent on getting an iPhone at least tell her to wait a couple more months till the new one comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Def wait for the next one atleast.. or show her some interesting android phones.
    Makes sense to me, but not to her. The sense of urgency is also aided by the fact that she just broke the screen on her BB lol.
  12. #12  
    dump her.
  13. #13  
    I'm always surprised how many people out there are brainwashed into only thinking "iPhone".

    -Skippy
  14. #14  
    Happy wife/happy life.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    dump her.
    Not gonna happen but this made me laugh
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Happy wife/happy life.
    There is a Jeff Allen (stand-up comedian) DVD by that title. Have you seen it?
  17. #17  
    Who pays the bills? Seriously thouhg...from a fiscal standpoint it def makes much better sense to be on the same network..not to mention vz vs at&t is not contest... as far as waiting.. shes gonna be in the same spot if she gets the iphone now bc the next iphone will be out after she buys hers...
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by calvintlamb View Post
    There is a Jeff Allen (stand-up comedian) DVD by that title. Have you seen it?
    No.
    One of my co-workers told me that on one of the many days that i complain about my wife (which usually falls on the same days that i complain about the Pre).
  19. #19  
    The iphone is more of a female phone than the pre is. The iphone is like the prada bag, or whatever the chicks like. It's a trendy statement.
  20. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #20  
    my girlfriend wanted an iphone until I told her shes getting a pre..... i now get yelled at when the phone randomly reboots when she plays scrabble. :-(
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions