Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    No.
    One of my co-workers told me that on one of the many days that i complain about my wife (which usually falls on the same days that i complain about the Pre).
    Is this complaining about the wife and the Pre on the same days a cyclical thing? Does it reoccur say, every 28 days or so for 2-4 days? Is there something about you that you've not been telling us?
    i googled it, and it turns out a lot of people are really happy with their iphone. looks like your wife may come out of this ok.

detroitkruk
    Quote Originally Posted by calvintlamb View Post
    Well I guess this is it.

My wife has been out of her VZW contract for a few months now and I have been trying to get her to go with the pre. I've been showing her mine (on Sprint), bragging about how much money we would save, showing her the multitasking and sweet notification system etc etc etc etc but apparently to no avail. Today she wants to go get an iPhone.

/sigh.
    Have her pay for it herself, along with the more expensive phone plan?

I came to sprint from ATT mostly for the cost savings. Being able to get the Pre was just icing on the cake.

Although, I do miss being able to just forward to the landline while at home. Sprint still charges by the minute for that, and is the only carrier that I know of that does so.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    i googled it, and it turns out a lot of people are really happy with their iphone. looks like your wife may come out of this ok.detroitkruk
    i googled it, and it turns out a lot of people are really happy with their Pre. looks like you may be able to tease her down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    How about this? Choose the phone that you like. Let other people choose the ones that they like.
    Have you actually read this forum before??
    My wife refuses to have any cell phone of any kind. So there.

Seriously though, if she wants an iPhone, that's fine. It probably suits her needs. The next gen is just around the corner, and I'm sure it's great. But when the next Palm device is released, you can do a little happy dance around her.
    So let her get the iPhone (coming from a wife who always gets her own way). If I were you though, I'd consider a Pre Plus on AT&T and a family plan when it comes out. Unless you've got a really cheap deal with Sprint. Save some money, and don't have the minutes you use talking to each other use up your plan minutes. Well, maybe I wouldn't, since I love Sprint and can't stand AT&T, but you know what I mean...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Is this complaining about the wife and the Pre on the same days a cyclical thing? Does it reoccur say, every 28 days or so for 2-4 days? Is there something about you that you've not been telling us?
    LoL, no.
    You (and everybody else here) know i complain alot more often than every 28 days or so.
    FWIW...if the iPhone was on Sprint, I wound't hesitate to get it for my wife. I tired of being her IT/device support person. I bought her a Mac a few years ago for the same reason....best decision I made, for her.

For me, I can deal with the bleeding edge hackery....if I had an iPhone, I'd jailbreak it anyways to make it do what the Pre already does.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    LoL, no.
    You (and everybody else here) know i complain alot more often than every 28 days or so.
    Whew... I'm quite relieved. Was beginning to think there was an iPad in your future...
    Whew... I'm quite relieved. Was beginning to think there was an iPad in your future...
    LoL
    booo
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Point is... let her get the iPhone, but keep doing cool stuff with yours that she can't do and she'll start seeing the grass really is greener on your side of the fence.
    +1000

Never miss an opportunity to earn your chance to gloat.
    HAHAHAHA
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12