1.    #1  
    So, let me preface these questions with saying that I have never taken advantage of the "return in 30 days" part of getting a new device, I've always been happy with what I got and lived with it until I could upgrade again.

So, with the "news" that Sprint may only get the Pre Plus instead of a new device how would this scenario play out?

If I am up for upgrade mid-summer and the EVO is out and the Pre Plus is there, would I be able to get the EVO try it for 30 days and if it is not better than the Plus and webOS, return it and get the Plus?

And if I "separate" from Palm for 30 days, when I would get the Plus would my profile still be there and all the apps I purchased? Or would I have to go through setting that all up again and repurchase apps?
    I think the 30 day promotion is only for new customers...
    Question number 1 - There is a restocking fee on Sprint now with all returned handsets, so while you can use it for 30 days and take it back, you will pay the restocking fee. I think that they sometimes make exceptions for one time exchanges, but I would ask first.

Question number 1a- I don't know if Sprint will get the plus'd Pre's. So, that might throw a wrench in your works unless the C40 rumor comes true for August/September.

Question number 2- Your profile will be maintained by Palm until they decide not to. I have a friend that went away from the Pre for about 8 months and then came back when the video camera was updated... no problems.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    So, with the "news" that Sprint may only get the Pre Plus instead of a new device how would this scenario play out?

You mean rumor?

I wouldn't word it that way. The only Fact here is that C40 has been spotted in the system.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I think the 30 day promotion is only for new customers...
    Yup, you're right. New customers or existing customers adding a new line of service. Grrr...
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    You mean rumor?

I wouldn't word it that way. The only Fact here is that C40 has been spotted in the system.
    Yes, I was being sarcastic in line with the main page article, news was in quotations indicating that it wasn't truly "news news", but rather "speculation". I guess I should have been more clear.
    Yup, you're right. New customers or existing customers adding a new line of service. Grrr...
    I've exchanged for a different phone during the 30 days after being a customer for years. According to the store I go to, you have "one discretionary exchange" during your first 30 days of service on the new contract. I'm also pretty sure you can still cancel and get off contract if you want to go back to your old phone during those 30 days. Don't know if there are any fees involved.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Nope. My wife and I were in a Sprint store last week regarding her phone. She wanted the Samsung Moment. I specifically asked about returning within 30 days. Perfectly fine, if we paid the restocking fee. I forget what it was, maybe $18??
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Nope. My wife and I were in a Sprint store last week regarding her phone. She wanted the Samsung Moment. I specifically asked about returning within 30 days. Perfectly fine, if we paid the restocking fee. I forget what it was, maybe $18??
    Woo Hoo!!! Can't wait for the time to come. Hopefully won't even have to glance at the EVO as I reach for the Pre2, Pre++, Prequel, or whatever it is called...
    Hopefully its 4g!
    Right now 4g is a novelty to sell the EVO and get publicity and not anything I would depend on