1.    #1  
    I've had my Pre for slightly over a month. In that time it's gradually developing the famed "Oreo-twist", it's already doubled the amount of play that it had when it was a week old. With the rumors that Sprint will soon be getting the Pre Plus my question is this:

Is the Pre Plus really immune to the oreo-twist? I'd read that they fixed it but want to make sure before I consider plunking down money should the Plus model come to Sprint.
    any pre (plus or not) can get oreo twist... FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    any pre (plus or not) can get oreo twist... FYI
    +1, you are reading wrong information

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    +1, you are reading wrong information
    Huh? I'd like to know too if the pre plus has indeed fixed the oreo effect. If we could have a definitive answer that's great. Or even a poll to see if it's case of good batches and bad batches of pre plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by novakry View Post
    Huh? I'd like to know too if the pre plus has indeed fixed the oreo effect. If we could have a definitive answer that's great. Or even a poll to see if it's case of good batches and bad batches of pre plus.
    it does. my first and third pre's has a substantial amount of slider play out of the box. it's significant enough that i consider it's utter failure merely a matter of 'when'.
    Guess the only fix is either some very tricky gluing or the grt case, which I'm now considering.
    I dunno I've had my Sprint Pre since launch day and it's always had some oreo but it has never gotten worse. In fact, it's pretty much been negated by the Seidio Innocase I put on it so I hardly even notice it anymore. I think a lot of people overestimate the severity of the issue and automatically jump to the conclusion that "someday it will break off" just because it has a little play.
    its reported the plus has better sliders.
    my oreo has turned into a double stuff since I've gotten it... and its only been 3 weeks
    I have had no oreo on my Pre Plus's but since I haven't had one for longer than a month I'm not sure how accurate that is. I have had 4 due to different issues on each device but the slider has always been sturdy on each one.
    Since you got your phone a month ago - how often have you twisted your phone to check if it developed the infamous oreo-effect? *sigh*
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Why do you go around trying to twist your phone in the first place?

My Pre Plus that I have had from launch day on Version has no twist in it, but I don't go around trying to twist it all the time either.

When I hold the phone it is solid.