View Poll Results: Would you change carriers for the new Palm Phone?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only if my dream hardware specs are met.

    13 14.61%
  • Yes, I love webos and will jump at the chance to try new hardare

    6 6.74%
  • Yes, but only to Verizon

    3 3.37%
  • Yes, but only to At&t

    0 0%
  • And give up my sweet Sprint plan? I don't think so, I'm getting an EVO.

    67 75.28%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41
  1.    #1  
    I know many of you here are on Sprint and are big fans of webos, but would you guys switch carriers for the next palm phone?
  2. #2  
    Nope. Would just have to wait till it's available on Sprint.
  3. #3  
    Not without good reason. For example, what if Sprint were to get the phone a few months later? To me it wouldn't be worth the extra expensive data plan just to get the phone a few months early.
  4. #4  
    Nope. My entire family is on Sprint, and we spend collectively probably a third of what we'd pay on any other carrier. I'd wait, and if it didn't come to Sprint in a reasonable period of time (say, three months with no sign of coming), I might actually have to switch.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5. #5  
    Nope... there are some who will jump the fence every time they spot something shiny on the other side, but for me - I'd simply wait the short time it took to come to the network I'm on. I came here from AT&T to get this phone - totally unhappy with the previous network dropping nearly every call I made. Sprint had great coverage, the best pricing on plans, and will carry a new Palm device whether they get it first or not. I'm happy here!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Nope. My entire family is on Sprint, and we spend collectively probably a third of what we'd pay on any other carrier. I'd wait, and if it didn't come to Sprint in a reasonable period of time (say, three months with no sign of coming), I might actually have to switch.
    This....except for the last part.

    I'm not switching for any phone. You pick your carrier first, then your device. Getting a larger screen and (maybe) better build quality isn't worth $50-70 more a month when the Pre will run the exact same OS and apps as any new WebOS device.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    This....except for the last part.

    I'm not switching for any phone. You pick your carrier first, then your device. Getting a larger screen and (maybe) better build quality isn't worth $50-70 more a month when the Pre will run the exact same OS and apps as any new WebOS device.
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant, I'd stay with Sprint and switch to another smartphone. Probably (and this is why I can't answer the poll) I'd wait for a Windows Phone 7 device. I can't stand Android.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8. #8  
    I'm super intrigued by Windows Phone 7. So much so that I will likely hold off on an Evo until I know which WM7 device is launching on Sprint and when.
  9. #9  
    Don't want to leave Sprint, my plan is so cheap now with an added 25% employer discount it's unbeatable. I'll hang onto my Pre until they announce the c40 for Sprint or just go with the Evo.
  10. #10  
    they have an agrement with palm. They will get it.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    I know many of you here are on Sprint and are big fans of webos, but would you guys switch carriers for the next palm phone?
    Negative. If Palm doesn't release their next Hail Mary on Sprint, then I will be more than willing to look at other phones.
  12. #12  
    I'll stick with Sprint because of the cheaper rates. If it were $5 more a month I'd consider it, but I'm not willing to pay 25-30% more per month.
  13. #13  
    That's a stupid poll you added. The only choice for 'no' is if you want an EVO?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's a stupid poll you added. The only choice for 'no' is if you want an EVO?
    Well, the EVO part is a joke, the main point is that you will stay on sprint and switch devices, whether it be EVO, WinPho7, or heck even a flip phone. I tried to edit it, but it won't let me.
  15. #15  
    Ahh... gotcha.. >>shakes fist at editing services<<
  16. #16  
    no thanks. I'll stay with Sprint. I'd just wait for it to become available on Sprint.
  17. #17  
    Ain't no way... Sprint for Lyfe!!!... or until their plans get more expensive. Lol!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    Well, the EVO part is a joke, the main point is that you will stay on sprint and switch devices, whether it be EVO, WinPho7, or heck even a flip phone. I tried to edit it, but it won't let me.
    Yeah, but there's no option for staying with Sprint and staying with the Pre until the new WebOS device came to Sprint. That's what I would do. However, it's coming to Sprint so it really doesn't matter.

    -Skippy
  19. #19  
    I'm currently not on Sprint (in fact I'm not on a "Smart" phone yet either) but my next phone will be a Smart Phone on Sprint one way or another.
  20. mitsueks's Avatar
    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    #20  
    Not only are the Sprint plans cheaper... I also get a 27% discount off of that for work. I will not leave Sprint when October comes around and my upgrade is available.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions