View Poll Results: Would you change carriers for the new Palm Phone?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but only if my dream hardware specs are met.

13 14.61%
  • Yes, I love webos and will jump at the chance to try new hardare

6 6.74%
  • Yes, but only to Verizon

3 3.37%
  • Yes, but only to At&t

0 0%
  • And give up my sweet Sprint plan? I don't think so, I'm getting an EVO.

67 75.28%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I LOVE WebOS. LOVE IT! But there's no way I'm leaving my under $180 for 5 phones plan. It's rumored that the plus versions are coming to Sprint, and the EVO isn't a bad option either.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I came here from AT&T to get this phone - totally unhappy with the previous network dropping nearly every call I made. Sprint had great coverage, the best pricing on plans, and will carry a new Palm device whether they get it first or not. I'm happy here!

I had the exact opposite reaction, I have drop calls, the other person cant hear me, everything you discribe, but on sprint. AT&T has done for me, what sprint has done for you ... Interestinly wierd...
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    This poll just exposes how many fake webos fanboyz we have on this site. Ready to jump ship to a new platform.
    I goofed.. I just wanted to stay on sprint.. not for the evo.. just a sprint option. Not an android fan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    This poll just exposes how many fake webos fanboyz we have on this site. Ready to jump ship to a new platform.
    I am considering going to a different platform, not because I am a fake webos fan, I love the OS however I don't know how much longer I can have a "smartphone" that is so far behind the curve. I have to carry my treo just to use as a pda since my pre still doesn't have the tools I need. I guess if I was a couch potatoe playing video games all day long then I would be willing to wait for Palm and the others responsible to get our phone the tools it needs.
    Network First, Phone Second. Hell if the iphone came to sprint i'd probably have to get it.
    I can't answer your poll. I wouldn't leave sprint and I wouldn't get an Evo.
    hmm..lots of EVO lovers in this post
    nope, only if sprint prices goes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Network First, Phone Second. Hell if the iphone came to sprint i'd probably have to get it.
    me too
    Err... What? Get emotional much? It's a phone, not a spouse. If my toaster isn't working to my liking I replace it. My phone is no different. As far as I'm concerned, it's a very expensive electronic equivalent of a toaster that just so happens to be able to make phone calls. I usually don't get emotionally attached to toasters my friend.

Besides, this is more about the carrier network and much much less about the actual toaster used on said network.

And give up my sweet Sprint plan? I don't think so...
    Last edited by GenericMusings; 04/20/2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Err... What? Get emotional much? It's a phone, not a spouse. If my toaster isn't working to my liking I replace it. My phone is no different. As far as I'm concerned, it's a very expensive electronic equivalent of a toaster that just so happens to be able to make phone calls. I usually don't get emotionally attached to toasters my friend.

Besides, this is more about the carrier network and much much less about the actual toaster used on said network.
    I'm not emotionally attached, quite frankly I'd jump ship myself. I made the comment because the poll does not reflect the many fanboish threads we have on this forum. With the 100's of the "If your happy with your pre clap your hands" threads it's a surprise to see how many will defect to EVO.
    It's not so much that most of us are defecting to the EVO (poor choice on the part of the OP to include that bit), it's that we wouldn't defect from Sprint to another carrier, even if it was to get the latest offering from Palm.
    I'm not emotionally attached, quite frankly I'd jump ship myself. I made the comment because the poll does not reflect the many fanboish threads we have on this forum. With the 100's of the "If your happy with your pre clap your hands" threads it's a surprise to see how many will defect to EVO.
    Are liking your phone, or better said, an operating system, and not wanting to switch to a different, more-expensive, possibly worse (reception-wise) carrier mutually exclusive? Factor in early termination fees and you can see why the poll is showing as it is. If I had the option of any phone with any carrier, I'd get a pre plus (or Palm's new phone) and keep Sprint. But, as I said my Sprint plan is way too good to let go for any phone.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    It's not so much that most of us are defecting to the EVO (poor choice on the part of the OP to include that bit), it's that we wouldn't defect from Sprint to another carrier, even if it was to get the latest offering from Palm.
    Yeah, that was my bad, I threw the EVO thing in as a joke, but really that option is just for anyone who would rather switch platforms than leave Sprint. Wish I could edit that.
    Actually, I think it disproves your basic premise: that all of those threads are actually so-called "fanboish" threads. Actually, they're just "stop being so damned negative and lose the entitlement mentality" threads.

I believe that all of us (and yes, I'm certainly one) that are accused of being "fanboish" have actually said that we'd not stay with Palm if they can't provide us with what we need.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Barf.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Puke.
    Hurl.
    The poll should include "I will stick with the Sprint Pre." This is my vote.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast