1.    #1  
    I was wondering what features you like best about webOS. I absolutely love the universal search and the search option in phone and contacts. I had rarely used these on the iphone and have been pleasantly surprised how great these are.

Other features that I use regularly and love are as follows.

- Multitasking
    - LED notificaions
    - gesture bar
    - notifications
    - synergy
    Multitasking via the cards & gestures is AWESOME! I use that every day and would desperately miss it if switching to any other smartphone O/S

Add to your list the mobile HotSpot feature that is friggen awesome too!
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I agree about the search, great feature.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NordicMan View Post
    Multitasking via the cards & gestures is AWESOME! I use that every day and would desperately miss it if switching to any other smartphone O/S

Add to your list the mobile HotSpot feature that is friggen awesome too!
    I am on Sprint so it wasn't available until I added it (via hacks). Seems cool, I was getting about 150Kbps . I think I may use it if I am on road and need something in a pinch. I agree though it is a great feature just not something I am using at the moment.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    yeah, the universal search is great. No looking for the web icon just flip up phone and start typing, push enter and your at your destination.
    1 small problem it has is say if you want to google new your times but you have the new york times app, then it won't bring up the web search option.
    I disabled led notifications because i think it drains battery.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    1) cards and notifications and how they work with gestures
    2) universal search and the way that I can find somebody in my contacts multiple ways -- including "jd" for John Doe.
    3) synergy for contacts and calendars and the way I have contacts in Exchange invites linked to the contact details -- email, phone, IM, etc.
    4) keyboard speed-dial (can't do that with touchscreens)
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
  7.    #7  
    I forgot to add that I am also loving the call back to any number feature in the phone app.
    I disagree on Universal Search - not that it's not a great feature, but that it's not truly Universal yet.

It doesn't search the Calendar at all - so if you are looking for a wedding that you attended last year, you can't just type in "wedding" and find it.

I have found that Google Calendar Search is a good substitute, but only if you are synced with Google Calendar.

Having said that, I agree with the rest of the list.
    Universal Search, Synergy and the notifications are 3 things I think I couldn't do without on a device now that webOS has spoiled me. Having duplicate contacts is one thing that CHAPS me like nothing else. Synergy = WIN
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisack23 View Post
    I disagree on Universal Search - not that it's not a great feature, but that it's not truly Universal yet.

It doesn't search the Calendar at all - so if you are looking for a wedding that you attended last year, you can't just type in "wedding" and find it.

I have found that Google Calendar Search is a good substitute, but only if you are synced with Google Calendar.

Having said that, I agree with the rest of the list.
    I agree that it is not universal "yet" however I really like what is there. It has demonstrated to me time and again why the physical keyboard can be handy at times. It has been a lot more helpful than the one I was used to (iphone).
    Anybody else got the patch that adds Bing and Yahoo! to Universal Search?
    Easy to use, synergy, and multitasking are my three favorites.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    to the person who mentioned new york times app/website. If the app (or in that case contact) comes up and you wanted to google(or wiki,twitter,etc) it instead, just press the "find" button.
    gestures have changed my life.... i pick up my wifes phone and i cant use it
    Cards & multitasking.
    my favorite feature is global search for email addresses and phone numbers on my Exchange server for work. I no longer have to have a couple hundred contacts for work stored in my phone. It just goes to the server and finds them for me.
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Cards/gestures & multitasking. And a special mention to OTA updates. However, what makes this platform superior are the developers working on WebOS. Preware and the overclocking kernels are awesome.
  18.    #18  
    OTA updates are amazing, especially the fact that "it will download in background over the next few days and let you know when it is ready to be applied" .

Coming from iphone and being tied to ONE PC for all my backups and updates this is a godsend. I love the cloud backup as well.

I have been backing up my ipad for the past 4 hours (still not finished) and it is not usable while it is backing up. This brought back memories from my iphone with version 2.0 where it required one full day to do a backup (fixed in 2.1 I believe).
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Synergy: I have 5 gmail accounts and facebook. Love the calendar integration and contact integration.

Universal Search: I can remember the days when I would organize contacts in categories, apps in a tabbed browser, etc. I don't even care anymore. I just start typing. I also love the choices that come up here and can't wait for a simple solution to customize those choices (i've seen the "code" method and it makes my stomach hurt even thinking about it)

Vert Phys Keyboard: I have tried working with virtual kb's and horiz phys KB's...there nothing I like better than the thumb board slider besides a full querty. My device stays full screen 100% of the time!

Cards: I love the what you see is what you get of opened apps. I love the simplicity of closing the apps. This goes hand in hand with Universal Search for me too. The combo of US and the cards is such a clean interface.

Browser: The web browser is the bomb. I do a lot of web content on this device. I rarely have any problems at all, get the anwsers that need from the web.

I enjoy getting my work done throughout the day on my pre more than I do my MacBook Pro. Contact and Calender management, email, information on the web, fast text entry, and quick organic movement through tasks on the device are THE MOST IMPORTANT features on a device for me.

I started out on the Visor Neo, Tungstens, Clie's, TX, Treo, Windows Mobile, Pre, iPhone, and Android. Pre scores the highest in each of these categories for me, and these are the most important categories for use of a smartphone.
  20.    #20  
    I was actually surprised by the browser myself, having used winmo, symbian, iphone before I was worried that the combination of smaller screen with non-iphone browser would result in an inferior experience. None of my friends whom I have shown this have had an issue either however for the next gen I would like a bigger screen