1.    #1  
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Pre and have had a great time tweaking it and applying patches, but lately I've been bored. Maybe the absence of all the 1.4 hype has gotten to me and left me feeling a little bored. Anyone else? Wish I knew how to make programs and patches...might give me some excitement. Oh well...just gotta wait till the next version of WebOS....or the revealing of the C40.
  2. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    You should dl Hero of Sparta, it's fun. Virtual d-pad can get kinda frustrating at times though.

If you want to talk about getting into webOS development, I'm heading a webOS development group meetup tomorrow in Fullerton, here's the link
    wait until we hear news of the next update or a new device is definitely on the way. lol for now just find something new on your phone.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    try this out if you want to dev apps. Just sign up for free and start working today on your app.
    Palm - Project Ares
    i just had a quick glance at the link ^ and it says login with tour palm developers acount?does the registration give you that account?
    I kinda agree. Flash doesn't sound as promising as it used to. The update that is slated sounds minimal. Most providers are basically giving the phone away or are discontinuing it. I love the phone but got spoiled with all the new patches, updates, etc that were coming week after week. Things have slowed down for the typical user...I too have no programming knowledge so can't contribute to all the new features. I know there's still interest in the phone as I get a lot of people asking me "is that the Palm phone?"
    I'm actually content ... being content. I haven't felt this way since I first got my iPhone 3G.
    emo kid is being emo
    overclocking and playing with mode switcher have me satisfied for now....
    I'm pretty content although I'm waiting for wolfenstein pre d to realease that would be great I've been testing it for a bit and am definitely looking forward to it
    Still love the OS, but some of the 1.4 (and earlier) bugs still sticking around are getting old, and I'm a bit bored of the hardware at this point. Still missing some needed apps but eagerly awaiting a new device and/or what will come out of the recent acquisition.
    I'm kind of bored with the app selection. Yes, there's a lot of them, but it seems like my WinMobile phone had more of a selection of useful apps. The first one that comes to mind is Q-Caps (I think that's what it was called). It was originally on the BlackBerry and then reproduced for the WinMobile platform. You could hold down a key and it would cycle through all 3 options for that key. It was a very useful app. Also, can't we get a music player with an equalizer? These are the kinds of useful things I'm looking for. Another 3D game is nice, but is it useful?
    Quote Originally Posted by AmHack View Post
    I'm kind of bored with the app selection. Yes, there's a lot of them, but it seems like my WinMobile phone had more of a selection of useful apps. The first one that comes to mind is Q-Caps (I think that's what it was called). It was originally on the BlackBerry and then reproduced for the WinMobile platform. You could hold down a key and it would cycle through all 3 options for that key. It was a very useful app. Also, can't we get a music player with an equalizer? These are the kinds of useful things I'm looking for. Another 3D game is nice, but is it useful?
    I'm not bored with my Pre, but I would love to see more productivity apps. It seems that the games attract more attention than the apps I would like to have. I am hoping that the HP purchase will reassure the productivity app developers that webOS is going to be around for a while.
    just started overclocking and homebrewing, so im content..
    yeh, i understand this...i have started tweaking and optomising the ram settings (posted in a thred) but i would love to have some software overhaul...just for sun!lol!i'd love to be able to see what x11 or android looked like on dual boot!or maybe a kernal that used some of the flash mem as a ram...tht would be cool!lol

ps, still love webOS, and totally understand that its developing quicker and better than any other platform!
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    overclocking and playing with mode switcher have me satisfied for now....
    +1.
    If being unable to leave my phone alone for no more than 1hr is classed as being bored,
    then i'm bored.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by AmHack View Post
    I would love to have the KeyCaps hack again as well. I loved being able to hold a key and get to the Capital or the Shifted Symbol/Numeral without having to press the shift or option keys. It is pretty crowded to press and hold the option key to type several numerals and I don't like having to double press to lock and then press again to release the lock.