1.    #1  
    I just got my Palm Pre a few days ago and was wondering how to send sounds/ringtones from messaging? Or can you save sounds from messaging as ringtones?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    As far as I know, you can't do custom "sounds." However, for ringtones all you have to do is save the mp3 file on your phone (by using is as flashdrive). I haven't been able to do it using messaging.
    Nicky
    you can make any mp3 in the phone a ringtone, just drag any song you want to use as a ringtone into the device as nsanders said then just assign it as your ringtone in the sounds app on the phone, or do you not have the sound you want?
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  4.    #4  
    I am able to connect my palm to my pc and made a ringtone folder under the root drive Palm Pre. Then drag my ringtones to the ringtone folder. You can also do that with photos and videos. When you goto sounds/ringtone you can save them that way.

What I'm talking about is when someone likes one of my ringtones I was able to just send the sound as a text message with no problem on my old phone. With this Palm Pre I cant find how to do that. Or if I get a text message I cant save the sound to my sounds folder.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I know what you are talking about now ...

I use myxer.com

You can create your own custom ringers and text them to people who don't have phones as cool as ours. My husband and my sister have requested some of my custom ringers, and I used myxer.com with no problem.

ETA: And it's FREE!
    Nicky
    there is a patch in preware that allows you to mms sounds.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    if the sound is in yr ringtones then in mesg click on clip in lower right conner,then click on headphone icon at bottob between the pic and vid icon,,then scroll until you find file you want to sent in the mesg
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    if the sound is in yr ringtones then in mesg click on clip in lower right conner,then click on headphone icon at bottob between the pic and vid icon,,then scroll until you find file you want to sent in the mesg
    When I do that it takes me to my music folder and not the ringtones. Can you tell it to goto ringtones instead of music?
    Quote Originally Posted by rkersh409 View Post
    When I do that it takes me to my music folder and not the ringtones. Can you tell it to goto ringtones instead of music?
    I don't think so, but if you go into your pre in usb mode you can copy the ringtones you want from the ringtones folder into your music folder then they will show up when you do what you just tried....