Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Simple question, I mean I know I'm not the only early adopter from the Uk that feels completely screwed when palm announced the pre plus a few weeks after it released in the UK. Now the the plus is going to germany and france in a few weeks its only a matter of time before it is out here, so will you sell your pre's and get the plus, or wait for the c40, or do neither and wait with the good ol pre.
    I think there is an easy answer to this - Palm haven't even released the FIRST Pixi yet in the UK or Canada (or Australia or anywhere else) - let alone the Pixi Plus or the Pre Plus. They seem to be set on releasing their new phones at least six months after they are released in the US.

So, based on past patterns even if Palm did announce and then release the "c40", we wouldn't be seeing it til long after Christmas - and if it's announced in July, I doubt it'll reach shops til late August or September so it may be about a year before we see it here. Of course this is all speculation (and pretty poor maths on my part) - but that's how I think it's gonna go down.

I will probably upgrade to the Pre Plus when it's released. But I won't necessarily be happy about it if the Americans are going to get the "c40" a month later.
    Not much choice with a 2 yr contract from O2.
    I'm happy with my Pre.

Being on O2 Business 2yr contract I'm entitled to a handset upgrade after 12 months, so I'll see what flavour of Palm is available in the UK in October, happy till them
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Gotta concur with SqyArc.

It is rumoured that our fellow Stateside geeks will get the C40 [how did this name even come about - is it official?] after Summer 2010 but before Xmas 2010. Quite how, I am not sure - considering Palm haven't announced, well, anything at all.

So first they will announce it.
    Then 6 months later will get released in USA.
    Then 6 months later the UK may get it.

At which point I hope the competition haven't already moved to the next level, whatever that may be.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    in all honesty I doubt I would swap to a pre plus, yes my pre can be sluggish at times but its not bad enough to make me want to sign a new contract for something which is virtually the same, id be more likely to opt to save money on my line rental and stick with my handset. I may consider a different phone if we dont get apps such as satnav, but other than that ill stick with what ive got
  7.    #7  
    hmm i have sent in my pre to palm more then 3 times..if i had sent it into o2 i would be able to get a entirly new phone..say a pre plus if it were out.

I would hate for them to announce teh c40 before the plus is out here...i dont like how behind their release schedule is.

Im with diggedy..if they dont start getting their act together by the time my contracts over with a new phone, i may consider jumping ship...have to admit the htc android phones look rather tasty.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    Not much choice with a 2 yr contract from O2.
    +1
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I can wait till the c40, me and pre have a prosperous relationship until then.
    I have given up on Palm and rather wait for iPhone HD which will be out on July 22
    i'm no uk user, but i'd not get a pre+ in exchange for a pre. The advantages are not worth the price of a new contract, and so far i have no reason to complain about my pre. When i can extend my contract, the C40 will be out for about at least 6 months, so i take that
    Ill try and complain to 02 enough that they would want to give me a Pre+ just to shut me up. Im currently moaning about a few things already, dodge battery and shaky screen.
    Hopefully they even release the Pre+ in Canada or the Pixi
    I'd like a Palm Pixi Plus, unlocked...but of course they are in such short supply because Palm can't keep up with demand....not. Why can it be so hard sometimes these days to get some phones?
    If o2 UK ever release the Palm Pre Plus I would love to get one. Mainly as the device will have 16gb so will be able to have all my music on one device and bin the ipod. Plus with the 3d games now on my current pre I understand they will run just that little bit smoother.

However, not sure if o2 will let me upgrade when less than 1 year into a 2 year contract
    @wardie: I'm not sure about that either... I did ask O2 customer services. I'll paste their response:

Hello Dan

Thanks for getting in touch about the Palm Pre Plus.

Dan, I understand you're concerned about the Palm Pre Plus. I'm afraid
    but we don't have any update when the Palm Pre Plus will be launched on
    our website.

I'm unable to confirm from now if you'll be able to upgrade your
    contract to the Palm Pre Plus just after it's launch without affecting
    the status of your contract.

Just want to let you know that your existing insurance will be
    automatically updated once you upgrade to the new Palm Pre Plus. This
    means the insurance on your account will cover the latest phone on your
    account and you'll be able to claim insurance for it if the new device
    breaks. You won't get the older phone as replacement from insurance
    claim.

Please be assured Dan that we'll update our website with related
    information as soon as it'll be launched. I'd advise you to continue
    checking our website for any update regarding this. You'll then able to
    get the resolution of all your queries about upgrading to the Palm Pre
    Plus from our website. Kindly bear with us for that time.

I appreciate your patience with this matter.

Kind regards

Suparna
    O2 Customer Service

At least we know our insurance will be upgraded
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    i'll wait until the c40 is announced. If i like it, i'll wait for it. If i'm not impressed, i'm afraid i'll go android (or maybe pre plus but only as a stopgap)

although, i am tempted by the pre plus.. is the build quality really any better? does it still do double-letter-keypresses?

Now that there's a proper unlock available, i guess an imported O2 uk qwerty pre plus is an option for me now. plenty of aussies to sell my existing pre to (an advantage to the situation!)
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Totally happy with my Palm Pre and wonder why you lot are always left wanting? Be happy with what you have and you'll be happier in life.

The Palm Pre is the best phone I've ever owned. Period. And something new on the market doesn't change that or make me feel as though Palm 'screwed' me.

You lot are bloody ridiculous sometimes and act like spoilt children.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Totally happy with my Palm Pre and wonder why you lot are always left wanting? Be happy with what you have and you'll be happier in life.

The Palm Pre is the best phone I've ever owned. Period. And something new on the market doesn't change that or make me feel as though Palm 'screwed' me.

wow really? I think i speak for most english users when i say we all felt screwed over that a few weeks after we (those who got at launch) got the pre, the pre plus was announced,

And where as you may be totally happy with your pre, the one thing hte pre plus has that makes it something that made me feel screwed over is that it has a better slider mechanism, and i have had nothing but trouble with my pre and the slider. Best os on a phone yes, but no doubt its up there for wost hardware too.
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post

maybe you just have lower expectations and standards, like the americans on this forum :P
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast