Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    I just ejected my pre from my harddrive on my office computer (Mac OSX), and after first refusing to turn off, then doing so, and then coming back on -- though minus all my apps and with the phone "offline" -- it is now stuck on the "palm" screen (but it's not glowing, if you catch my drift). I've tried a couple of battery pulls, but no joy.

    Any ideas on how I can get it unbricked, or do I walk over to Sprint and let them have at it?

    TIA,
    Adam
    __________________
    Apple: Newton MP120
    Pocket PC: iPAQ, Jornada 548
    Psion: Series 5
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post
    I just ejected my pre from my harddrive on my office computer (Mac OSX), and after first refusing to turn off, then doing so, and then coming back on -- though minus all my apps and with the phone "offline" -- it is now stuck on the "palm" screen (but it's not glowing, if you catch my drift). I've tried a couple of battery pulls, but no joy.

    Any ideas on how I can get it unbricked, or do I walk over to Sprint and let them have at it?

    TIA,
    Adam
    what? can you explain it better? second it's not bricked it's damn near impossible to brick a pre, most of the time it can always be fixed by doctoring the phone with webOS Doctor.


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  3. #3  
    Take the battery out and plug in your charger. When you see the battery icon come up on the screen (it can take a few seconds), put your battery back in the phone. This always worked for me but 1.4 seemed to fix that problem.
  4. shokpin's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #4  
    If the Palm logo is fading the glow..it's still working. I've had it take upwards of 5 minutes after a crash or something. If it's not fading the glow..or the glow is stuck..then try popping the battery again.

    And if it still fails to start, you should still be able to run a Repair utility or Doctor on it...even without YOU being able to see the UI.

    I had a similar experience once (would get stuck at boot, glowing would stop) and had to restore a specific file that mucked up after a patch. The webosRepairUtility saved my ****
    Last edited by shokpin; 04/20/2010 at 10:39 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by powrman811 View Post
    Take the battery out and plug in your charger. When you see the battery icon come up on the screen (it can take a few seconds), put your battery back in the phone. This always worked for me but 1.4 seemed to fix that problem.
    Thanks, I just gave it a shot but it's still stuck on the palm screen. Unfortunately, since I'm at work I can't doctor it, so I was hoping that there was a quick fix or something I was missing.

    Regards,
    Adam
    __________________
    Apple: Newton MP120
    Pocket PC: iPAQ, Jornada 548
    Psion: Series 5
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post
    Thanks, I just gave it a shot but it's still stuck on the palm screen. Unfortunately, since I'm at work I can't doctor it, so I was hoping that there was a quick fix or something I was missing.

    Regards,
    Adam
    Try this: Take the battery out, and hold down the power button for 10 seconds. Plug in the charger while holding the power button. Then put the battery in. I'm a Sprint repair tech and normally this fixes the issue but then again, this is the most common device we exchange. If that doesn't work, the webOS doctor is your only shot. Sorry about your luck
  7. #7  
    This has been somewhat of a common problem. This is what has worked for me and a bunch of other people.

    1. Pull the battery and wait 10 seconds or so.
    2. Put that battery back in and wait till it freezes on the Palm screen
    3. Do a soft reset by pressing Orange+Sym+R

    That should do that trick!
  8.    #8  
    In a fit of impatience I dropped my pre off at the Sprint store across the street (this was before I saw powerman and dodgerblue's posts) and an hour later I had a refurb in my hand since they couldn't figure out how to get my old one working. Ordinarily I'd be a bit peeved about having to go back and update the OS (this one has 1.3.1), doctor it, reinstall Preware, and then reinstall each and every one of my patches, but since my old pre was looking decidedly the worse for wear (oreo, scratched/scuffed/pitted screen, dead pixels, "hot spots", mushy keyboard...), I didn't mind getting a new phone. Cosmetically this one looks perfect, as does the screen, and the slider is solid, but we'll see how it holds up...

    So thanks for the advice guys, and if this happens again, at least now I know what to do.

    Regards,
    Adam
    __________________
    Apple: Newton MP120
    Pocket PC: iPAQ, Jornada 548
    Psion: Series 5
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G

Posting Permissions