Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    thllxb -- I'm curious: did you get onto Rogers with an Unlocked O2 Pre, or AT&T Pre+?

I carry an AT&T SIM, so, activation was a breeze. I'm curious how others handled that (and how badly you're suffering with the App store).
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'm at Vodafone Germany =D
    Netherlands
    - robvanvliet [KPN]
    I'm in Belgium on the mobistar network
    Brazil [VIVO] but unlocked to any carrier
    an AT&T no contract US activated, so with US App Catalog!
    India
    - abhinandanjain [Airtel]
    - Sanjay [Vodafone]
    - Supreet [Vodafone]
    - Sukh [Vodafone]
    - VikramPune [Idea Cellular]

AT&T phone unlocked with code provided by AT&T. Phone working fine with Vodafone (Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida). Cannot get Edge/GPRS to work though. Vodafone has no idea of this phoen and have so far, not been able to provide the settings for Edge/GPRS to work. Although, upon entering the APN manually, I do have the 'E' symbol for Edge but still cannot get any data.
  7.    #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    India
    - abhinandanjain [Airtel]
    - Sanjay [Vodafone]
    - Supreet [Vodafone]
    - Sukh [Vodafone]
    - VikramPune [Idea Cellular]

AT&T phone unlocked with code provided by AT&T. Phone working fine with Vodafone (Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida). Cannot get Edge/GPRS to work though. Vodafone has no idea of this phoen and have so far, not been able to provide the settings for Edge/GPRS to work. Although, upon entering the APN manually, I do have the 'E' symbol for Edge but still cannot get any data.
    None of you on Vodafone have data?
    E probably just means you're connected to the network. When you try to use data, the E disappears right? (lost connection due to incorrect settings?)
    I am using Edge on Idea Cellular. However, the manual APN edit did not work for me either. I was able to edit the CarrierNetworkSettings database to enter the APN, and use GPRS. Sanjay, do PM me if you wanna try this.

Vikram
    Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Treo 180 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Palm Pre (busted) -> iPhone4 (awesome) + iPad
    Canada [Bell]
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    None of you on Vodafone have data?
    E probably just means you're connected to the network. When you try to use data, the E disappears right? (lost connection due to incorrect settings?)
    Actually the 'E' does not dissapear when I open a web page or any program that tries to get data from the Internet, but all the same the phone is unable to get any data. When I make or receive a call the 'E' does dissapear. I presume this is due to Voice & Data not capable of working at the same time with Edge/GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VikramPune View Post
    I am using Edge on Idea Cellular. However, the manual APN edit did not work for me either. I was able to edit the CarrierNetworkSettings database to enter the APN, and use GPRS. Sanjay, do PM me if you wanna try this.

Vikram
    Thanks for the offer. But the problem with Vodafone is slightly different as the APN entries are already present in the CarrierNetworkSettings database. But the problem is that Vodafone in India has two Edge/GPRS services, 'Vodafone Connect' & 'Vodafone LIve'. Based on the settings in the Palm Pre, it seems 'Vodafone Connect' will work but 'Vodafone Live' will not. The reason 'Vodafone Live' will not work is, because for that Vodafone uses a Proxy Server and there is no place in the Palm Pre settings to enter the Proxy Server information. So the question now is, whether we can edit the CarrierNetworkSettings database to enter the Proxy server information. Based on a what I could make out from a look at the 'CarrierNetworkSettings.db3' file, there does not seem to be a provision for Proxy Server information for Internet data. Although the MMS entries do allow for it.

These are the network settings for Vodafone in India.
    Code:
    Account Name: Vodafone_gprs
    Homepage: http://live.vodafone.in
    User Name: (no need)
    Pass: (no need) 

Access Point Settings: 

Proxy: Enabled
    Proxy Address: 10.10.1.100
    Proxy Port: 9401
    Data Bearer: Packet Data 

Bearer Settings: 

Packet Data Access Point: portalnmms
    Network type: IPV4
    Authentication: normal
    User Name: (no need)
    Password: (no need)
    I got 'Vodafone Connect' activated and I can now connect to Edge and get data with and this is with the default auto settings of the Palm Pre. Thus the problem is confirmed to be with 'Vodafone Live' services which require Proxy server settings. Which the Palm Pre does not allow for even under the manual settings.
  13.    #134  
    Hey guys, love it you're keeping this thread at the top of the list, but perhaps it's best to move the discussion to the thread about modifying the carrier network database?
    Hi,

Just got the info that Pre works with BSNL - Countrywide.

However i am using a BSNL 3G connection on my Palm Pre Plus but i am not able to configure Network Settings.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Nageshwar E G
  15.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by nageshwar.elkaturi View Post
    Hi,

Just got the info that Pre works with BSNL - Countrywide.

However i am using a BSNL 3G connection on my Palm Pre Plus but i am not able to configure Network Settings.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
    Nageshwar E G
    Repost your request in the appropriate thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...-settings.html
    Hi all,
    I am on t-mobile Slovakia with a Palm Pre Plus (from germany O2, bought on ebay)
    Quote Originally Posted by xon.xoff View Post
    Hi all,
    I am on t-mobile Slovakia with a Palm Pre Plus (from germany O2, bought on ebay)
    and I forgot to add that everything works fine - data (GPRS,EDGE,3G) and the App Catalog including paid apps
    jossanaijr - Brazil - now changed to [Oi]
    Add me up -- Philippines - Sun Cellular
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast