Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    This pathetic battery only last 3-4 hours with moderate texting, occasional emails and checking Facebook. I shouldn't have to carry a power source around with my phone. It's absolutely ridiculous. People around me are clicking away for hours on their Blackberry's and the battery barely budges. Sorry Palm, but you get a big FAIL for this. What good is webOS when it sucks the life out of the battery?!
    that's actually below normal. it shouldnt' last 3 hours if you're not constantly hitting the data connection. I get significantly more than that with that kind of usage. You should take it into the store of your carrier and see what they can do.
  3. djs
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    No phone is perfect. And I'll agree the battery seems weak with the pre, but I still think the pre beats any blackberry hands down. It's kinda funny seeing a post about how much better bberries are, I just moved to a pre from one and I couldn't be happier to have a real phone OS. Why don't you check out the double capacity batteries?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    That is below normal, I got at least 13-17 hours of heavy use.

I put on the CPUScaler patch, and now, even with the 720mhz patch, I get more than a full day of battery use, I can go 2-3 days of heavy use without a charge. I will even last all day with pandora steaming.

The only time I got that low of battery use, 3-5 hours, was when I had the 800mhz patch on without the CPUScaler app
    Last edited by Vkitty; 04/20/2010 at 09:19 AM.
    With 800MHZ and CPUscaler installed. My battery life have increased as well with each OS version. I was on a weekend trip in TN and forgot to bring my charger. I did light texting and calling, play a few games (not 3D), and ran occasionally ran a few apps such as; weather, NHL, Baseball scores, and flixster. From Friday - Sunday, I was able to return home with 25% left.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    No phone is perfect. And I'll agree the battery seems weak with the pre, but I still think the pre beats any blackberry hands down. It's kinda funny seeing a post about how much better bberries are, I just moved to a pre from one and I couldn't be happier to have a real phone OS. Why don't you check out the double capacity batteries?
    For the record, I didn't mean to imply the Blackberry was better - just that the battery lasted incredibly longer. I just got my girlfriend to switch from her BB to Pre. I like to call the BB's the Atari of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Have you searched on the battery saving techniques and done those before just posting how much the battery life sucks. Could it be that you have a bad battery? Not sure, maybe if you would troubleshoot your issue instead of just ranting, you might find that you will get more out of your battery. Also, if you have a weak signal, it will suck the life out of your battery quickly as well.
    And this is the reason I own 4 batteries and an external charger But I agree with you, I should only need one.
    Blz2, I hope you get some problem situated. It would too **** me off if the battery life of my phone was only 3-4 hours. Like I said earlier, my battery life is at least 18-24 hrs on normal usage...good luck!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pichai View Post
    With 800MHZ and CPUscaler installed. My battery life have increased as well with each OS version. I was on a weekend trip in TN and forgot to bring my charger. I did light texting and calling, play a few games (not 3D), and ran occasionally ran a few apps such as; weather, NHL, Baseball scores, and flixster. From Friday - Sunday, I was able to return home with 25% left.
    WOW! There is no way I could do that! Is the 800mhz & CPUscaler in Preware?
    I've had really good battery life the past few days scaling from 500---->800.
    Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    This pathetic battery only last 3-4 hours with moderate texting, occasional emails and checking Facebook. I shouldn't have to carry a power source around with my phone. It's absolutely ridiculous. People around me are clicking away for hours on their Blackberry's and the battery barely budges. Sorry Palm, but you get a big FAIL for this. What good is webOS when it sucks the life out of the battery?!
    What settings are your running? Is GPS on? Is wifi on? Are you using IMAP? If not how often do you poll? How many emal accounts are you using? Are FB notifications enabled? What type of signal strength do you have? etc...
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DSPKweb View Post
    Have you searched on the battery saving techniques and done those before just posting how much the battery life sucks. Could it be that you have a bad battery? Not sure, maybe if you would troubleshoot your issue instead of just ranting, you might find that you will get more out of your battery. Also, if you have a weak signal, it will suck the life out of your battery quickly as well.
    Yes I have.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    For the record, I didn't mean to imply the Blackberry was better - just that the battery lasted incredibly longer. I just got my girlfriend to switch from her BB to Pre. I like to call the BB's the Atari of smartphones.

Try the CPUScaler app

You will be pleasantly supprised
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    WOW! There is no way I could do that! Is the 800mhz & CPUscaler in Preware?

You dont have to use the 800mhz one.. The 720mhz one works just as good, and is less of a battery drain.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    What settings are your running? Is GPS on? Is wifi on? Are you using IMAP? If not how often do you poll? How many emal accounts are you using? Are FB notifications enabled? What type of signal strength do you have? etc...

GPS on
    WiFi on
    IMAP (pull every 15mins dont really need instant)
    two email accounts
    FB notification enables

Signal strength not so good, it keeps switching from evo, and trying to get a stronger signal. Which may be why I dont get a good a battery life as most people.

Like I said early, I last a full day with all those one, If I turn some of those off, I can go 2 days.

With pandora streaming, I can go most of the day on a full battery (Pandroa is a battery hog!!)
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    GPS off
    WiFi off (both off until needed)

Signal strength is well, Sprint-good. Which is to say not the best around here. Home is bad, but I'm always plugged into the USB. When I'm on the road or away from home, its not bad. We have Sprint antennas throughout our office so its always full strength.

Email accounts:
    Yahoo (5 minutes)
    Gmail (5 minutes)
    Exchange (15 minutes)
    I had them set to "As they arrive" but I've read mixed things on this so I switched it, trying to save the battery. I haven't noticed any gains.

FB notifications? I just get text alerts. Not sure how else to turn them on (until the new Palm FB is released).
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Try the CPUScaler app

You will be pleasantly supprised
    Thanks I will give that a shot tonight.
    I'd say normal battery life is between 16-20 hours for an average user

I can easily go through 100% of my battery in 4 hours if I'm streaming data the whole time, though.

When you first get the phone, it may take a while to sync contacts, I'm not sure if that applies to you though.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    mines cant seem to retain a charge....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast