Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. djs
    djs is offline
    djs's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
       #1  
    well I finally got my pre. And what do I think? Well, as of right now I am posting this while riding the train to work. That may not be revolutionary for some of you but all the exblackberry users here know how impossible that is on bb. The Os is simply extrodinary, I am finding it hard to get used to the idea of not needing to close applications when I am done! Keyboard is a little small but then I was used to bbs amazing keyboards. Baterry has been draining fast, I guess that extra capacity battery isn't an option but a requirement. Well, to sum all that up, I love my pre!!
  2. #2  
    I'm glad you like it How come you couldn't post stuff on your BlackBerry before?
  3. #3  
    It's a new battery
    You'll have to give it at least 5 full charge/full drain before the battery starts to stabilize

    it will improve a bit
  4. djs
    djs is offline
    djs's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'm glad you like it How come you couldn't post stuff on your BlackBerry before?
    The browser was just awful. I would have never been able to load a page like precentral. The bb browser does not like forums, blogs... anything with scripts and so on.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    The browser was just awful. I would have never been able to load a page like precentral. The bb browser does not like forums, blogs... anything with scripts and so on.
    Ahh, I see your point. Yes, the BlackBerry web browser was virtually unusable.
  6. #6  
    Welcome to the WEBOS family....I am a former Blackberry user as well (storm and 2nd generationBB).....The OS is amazing and only getting better with each update....If you have verizon pre plus 1.4.1.X update has not hit our phones yet so stay posted with Precentral to get the news
  7. #7  
    If you use facebook, you'll find the app is one of the best around. Once I loaded the app on my Pre I actually used facebook more than ever.

    Not necessarily a good thing
  8. djs
    djs is offline
    djs's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
       #8  
    I did the update to 1.4.1 last night (I am with Bell) and it was difficult to wait that ten minutes...

    I can confirm your Facebook statement. Since last night I have used Facebook 4 times which is about twice as much as I have ever used it in the last 3 years. Hmmm, I think I may become the **** of all my previous jokes on facebook users. Does farmville work on WebOS... Oh no I didn't just say that!!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    I did the update to 1.4.1 last night (I am with Bell) and it was difficult to wait that ten minutes...

    I can confirm your Facebook statement. Since last night I have used Facebook 4 times which is about twice as much as I have ever used it in the last 3 years. Hmmm, I think I may become the **** of all my previous jokes on facebook users. Does farmville work on WebOS... Oh no I didn't just say that!!
    Ahh a fellow canuck. Didn't realize that lol.

    I hope Bell doesn't make you angry... They and CDMA are the reason why I don't own a Pre right now
  10. djs
    djs is offline
    djs's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
       #10  
    The Bell network seems much better then I expected it to be. In fact I would even go as far as it seems faster then Rogers (although that could just have been my Bold 9000). I have had not so great run ins with Bell but that is also true with Fido, Rogers and Telus. Our telcos up here are just plain nasty and charge too much. You yanks may think that you pay a lot and get crummy service but it's even worse up here, thanks to the CRTC!
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by djs View Post
    The Bell network seems much better then I expected it to be. In fact I would even go as far as it seems faster then Rogers (although that could just have been my Bold 9000). I have had not so great run ins with Bell but that is also true with Fido, Rogers and Telus. Our telcos up here are just plain nasty and charge too much. You yanks may think that you pay a lot and get crummy service but it's even worse up here, thanks to the CRTC!
    It's a true story. My rogers bill comes to $70 after tax and that's only 150 daytime min, unlim eve/wknds, text messaging, vm cd
    that's it.

    but, reception isn't the problem with cdma.. i'd hope it wasn't being in 2010 and all. What my issue is delayed text messages, ones that don't come through, voicemails etc.

    I don't get why CDMA has the problem (at least in Canada on Telus/Bell) but it really really bugs me lol
  12. #12  
    Yeah, I've been with Bell, Telus and Rogers, and I have to say, I had the best experience with Telus because they were new and hungry. I'm sure they're fat and lazy now.

    So far I've had no problems with phone messages coming through, and texts seem to come in okay. But I ran screaming from Rogers after my hundredth dropped call on a very VERY important business call. I actually prefer the Rogers voicemail service, but I suffer with Bell because CDMA is more reliable. I think I've had maybe two dropped calls in over a year. I'll take that over my last Rogers experience anyday.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Yeah, I've been with Bell, Telus and Rogers, and I have to say, I had the best experience with Telus because they were new and hungry. I'm sure they're fat and lazy now.

    So far I've had no problems with phone messages coming through, and texts seem to come in okay. But I ran screaming from Rogers after my hundredth dropped call on a very VERY important business call. I actually prefer the Rogers voicemail service, but I suffer with Bell because CDMA is more reliable. I think I've had maybe two dropped calls in over a year. I'll take that over my last Rogers experience anyday.
    Really.. that's strange. I never receive dropped calls on Rogers.. hmm.. guess it all depends on the device really but Rogers has been great.

    Things i love about Rogers and why I'm still with them: GSM, reliability, (used to be better phone selection, not anymore thou), name display, i love how when dialing a number it'll automatically connect long distance or if you dial long distance it will still go through


    It's just any time I've ever owned cdma i always notice the delayed text messages.. sometimes they don't even go through.. maybe people just don't notice cause a) they're not aware of it and/or b) they don't look for it

    ah well..

    Hopefully I can get a pre soon
  14. #14  
    I just wanted to point out that the battery takes a few days of charging cycles to get to normal. During this time, your battery life is going to be terrible
  15. #15  
    Yeah, I'm really learning that a smartphone experience is so personal and so deep and emotional. I got so po'd at Rogers when it could have been a number of issues. When the chance to jump ship for a Pre came up, I jumped and never looked back. But your experience could easily be fine, it's just one of those things.

    And don't hold your breath for a Rogers Pre. I'm one of those guys who knows someone at Rogers and there is no plan for Palm to sell a new phone with them as far as he knows. I think the Palm Pluses that have just been certified for Canada are going to Telus because of the 4g network thang. Sorry. Now it has to be taken with a grain of salt. He doesn't work high enough to be told anything, or perhaps he does and chose not to tell me about the c40 coming to Rogers, but as far as he's concerned, they're selling the centro and that's it.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Yeah, I'm really learning that a smartphone experience is so personal and so deep and emotional. I got so po'd at Rogers when it could have been a number of issues. When the chance to jump ship for a Pre came up, I jumped and never looked back. But your experience could easily be fine, it's just one of those things.

    And don't hold your breath for a Rogers Pre. I'm one of those guys who knows someone at Rogers and there is no plan for Palm to sell a new phone with them as far as he knows. I think the Palm Pluses that have just been certified for Canada are going to Telus because of the 4g network thang. Sorry. Now it has to be taken with a grain of salt. He doesn't work high enough to be told anything, or perhaps he does and chose not to tell me about the c40 coming to Rogers, but as far as he's concerned, they're selling the centro and that's it.
    Ya don't worry I don't at all expect Rogers to release an actual new device. As you can see in their lineup.. it's a bunch of feature crappy "web phones".. Rogers is known to release an actual device 1+ year it's already hit the market on other carriers.. and then of course we've all moved on lol.

    I am, of course, hoping and waiting for the plus to come to Telus. If it is, i'm jumping ship within the second I hear about it and not going back lol

    Hopefully it is soon
  17. #17  
    welcome to the family!
  18. #18  
    I'm new to the pre (plus) as well and so far I'm quite happy a few hardware glitches here and there, but the software is so great it's bothering me less and less everyday.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
    I'm new to the pre (plus) as well and so far I'm quite happy a few hardware glitches here and there, but the software is so great it's bothering me less and less everyday.
    congrats on your purchase
  20. Delicache's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #20  
    Enjoying my new Pre as well, came from a BB pearl and i had disabled data on it because the browser was awful, the Pre is a much nicer user experience.

Posting Permissions