1. computecam
    Okay, why?

Why do I have have to be connected to the specified Wi-Fi network to forget it?

It seems to make as much since as the inability to veiw local html files...
    You're right, it does seem strange that you have to be connected.

I was also annoyed about not being able to view local HTML files - did you know it is possible though?

Just install Lighty Web Server using Preware. Place all your HTML files in /media/internal/www/ then open up a browser on your phone and type http://localhost/ to bring up a list of your local files.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    You're right, it does seem strange that you have to be connected.

I was also annoyed about not being able to view local HTML files - did you know it is possible though?

Just install Lighty Web Server using Preware. Place all your HTML files in /media/internal/www/ then open up a browser on your phone and type BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com to bring up a list of your local files.
    Yeah but then you now have a web server running on the mobile device, it's cool but potentially you opened up more security risks, another thing that needs patching.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Really? Seems like you don't need to care...
    w*w.cnbc.c*m/id/36601913

(Sorry, not allowed to post links...?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahatma Ganja View Post
    Really? Seems like you don't need to care...
    w*w.cnbc.c*m/id/36601913

(Sorry, not allowed to post links...?)
    You need to have 10 posts before you can post links.

More to the point, the security issues that you're referring to were patched and fixed *ages* ago - I don't know why it has suddenly become such big news recently.
    I wasn't referring to any particular holes, just the general idea of running additional services. Same thing that plagued Windows XP long time ago when Microsoft decides to keep everything running.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Yeah but then you now have a web server running on the mobile device, it's cool but potentially you opened up more security risks, another thing that needs patching.
    WebOS is firewalled, and you would have had to poke a hole in that to be able to get to the web server remotely. The web server itself is probably configured to only listen to localhost as well. If there is a problem with IPtables, then you have bigger things to worry about. Obviously, there are still local attacks (like the SMS) thing, but those will work whether or not you have a web server running.

Any exploit that is done through the Phone's browser (most popular type of attack these days) could get files whether there is a web server running or not.
    : (){:|:&};: