Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been dying to know what the C40 is...I'm hoping this "reliable" source comes through with a leaked video pretty soon. While I'm excited to hear (rumor, of course) that it may include a 1 ghz processor, I hope Palm is looking at improving battery life for a Pre successor. That's my biggest complaint with the phone right now.

Rumor: A Few More Details About the Palm C40 | PalmNewsDaily.com
    Shenanigans.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Why leak Palm info on an Android forum?
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Let's hope they updated the C40 quite a bit since the first rumor in August last year. 1Ghz won't be that special this fall. The Nexus One had it in Jan. It'll essentially be an EVO with keyboard?

If so, and they want to make it their flagship device until fall 2011, it'll be outdated before the holidays this year..
    Quote Originally Posted by Honis View Post
    Why leak Palm info on an Android forum?
    That's where the guy hangs out. He has a history of good info.
    Probably around the time the next iphone gets announced. Riding the wave as usual
    Well I'm glad the rumor involves a real keyboard. While they don't need an hdmi jack like the EVO although that would be nice, the front facing camera sounds like something that will have to be manditory. With the EVO, iphone, and I assume other future android devices having this feature, it will become a standard feature on top of the line phones.
    i hope they do better than 1ghz

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    I can't really think of much reason to go more than 1GHz in a phone... My pre runs flawlessly at 800MHz...
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    We won't start seeing phones with more than 1ghs til about this time next year. And it's even questionable why you would need it, But at any rate the "Evo 2" will have a 1.5ghz processor when it comes in 2011. As long as plam drops a new phone with at least 800mhz I'll be happy because with this kernal on my phone I feel like I already got an upgrade!!
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I can't really think of much reason to go more than 1GHz in a phone... My pre runs flawlessly at 800MHz...
    The people will not be satisfied until the pulsing icons are gone. It'll need more than 1ghz for that atm..
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    The people will not be satisfied until the pulsing icons are gone. It'll need more than 1ghz for that atm..
    well atm as the code used throughout the phone improves so will the opening of new apps. But I for one have put the new kernal on and the patch that increases the speed of the pulsing icon and the overall effect is VERY NICE lol.. But no man you don't need over 1ghz to open a program instantly just improve the code being used.
    I run the 800MHz patch, yeah it's great, but it's definately not flawless. Also, why would they go through all the trouble of getting a 1ghz processor only to be obsolete by the time phone hits stores? other phones already have a 1ghz snapdragon processor, we need to quit playing catchup and start being innovative.

Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
    Palm does not manufacture CPU's so they are constrained to using the fastest available processor... right now, that's snapdragon.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    Shenanigans.
    lol - good spelling job
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Don't you think that if it really was a smartphone that it would have showed up or been leaked or announced after appearing in the Sprint inventory system eight months ago?
    Hasn't it?
    http://www.precentral.net/palm-c40-c...its-own-shadow
    Lol mine runs perfect at 500mhz. I just dont see why we need anything more then 1ghz on a cell phone at this time. Software runs perfect and opens instantaneously at that clock speed.
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
    As someone posted earlier, you're not going to see greater than 1ghz processors in cell phones until late 2010 or this time next year. All that is available right now is 1ghz so you can't expect Palm to go force someone to give them a 2ghz chip when they aren't even developed as of yet. TI's OMAP 4 is supposed to be dual 1ghz chips but again, you won't see that in device until next year. 1ghz and 512mb or more of ram along with Palm optimizing the code will be more than enough.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    If they refactored their OS code to C instead of javascript it would run like it had a 2Ghz processor in it. Right now, it's hopping along with it's legs tied together.
    Is it just me or.. I don't know.

But I think it's absurd that this world expects a mobile device to be faster and do everything more than a PC can do in it's current state.

From my experience with the Pre, it is already as fast as a regular PC which is like 10x it's size and more developed lol.

Really when it coems down to it, it's a second or 2 difference in speed. Didn't think those few added up seconds really makes or breaks a deal with a cell lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast