Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have had the Pre since launch on sprint. I'm currently on my 3rd pre. I want to know what the heck is wrong with this phones battery. When a battery is new it works "ok". It at least lasts me throughout the day even if i talk for a few hours on it. Anywhere between 2-4 months after I get a battery it just magically starts dying superfast. My battery now all of a sudden dies after a few hours. I have patches but I have them when the battery works fine as well. I own a touchstone that I keep in my car. What is wrong with this phones battery that causes it to start dying so suddenly?? Normally a batteries charge steadily declines but on this phone I just wake up one day and its shot. Is the pre reading the battery level wrong or is there something wrong with these batteries?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ya THANKS everyone...
    Um.. Try turning off the data connection? Sounds like a bad phone honestly. It really shouldn't do that unless you're constantly using it with every feature on the phone enabled and in use. With Ev-Do on, my battery can go from 100% to 80% in a matter of 1 hour of browsing use. I would recommend if you're not using a feature constantly, then turn it off. You don't need GPS enabled 24/7, and you don't need 3G 24/7. Also, crappy signal will KILL your battery faster than anything. If you're in low signal areas you will notice your battery draining faster than ever.

Either turn on airplane mode or attempt to resolve signal issues through Sprint/Verizon/ect or... I don't know from there.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I agree with turning the data connection off when not using it. If I know I will be away from a charger most of the day, I will turn data off. The battery will stay at 100% for a very long time this way, and only slow discharge. I have a patch to quickly turn data on and off, so when I want to check email, the web, Facebook, etc, I will turn it on for the session, then turn it back off.
    Smartphone/PDA/MP3 History: Palm III, Handspring Visor, iPaq 37XX, iPaq 41XX, HTC PPC6700 - Current: HTC Mogul, Palm Pre, BB 8830 (work), and 32G iPod Touch 2G (oh yeah, wife's BB Curve).
    If you must have data you can set the network to 2G only in the phone prefs. That should save you some juice too
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Thanks for the advice. The only thing is my battery is great when i get it and after a few months just starts dying superfast. I get another battery at the sprint store and it will work great again. Does anyone else have that problem.
    Honestly... I would say it's the touchstone and the car charger. I may be wrong but I do not recall the TS being "car charger friendly."