1.    #1  
    Wanted to know if anyone knew how to control their phone without the touchscreen. My screen has cracks in it and wont respond to touches put I can still see the screen pretty well. I know how to type "MESSAGING" to bring up texts and "CALENDER" to do the same. I just wanted to know how to close cards and navigate through the calender and other things. Thanks
    Not sure if there is a way...I'd be curious to know that...never really had to try before myself. You may just have to bite the bullet and try to nab a replacement from Sprint.
    +1
    I agree it would be nice to know but why suffer. Just go get a replacement.
    OR you could wait for a new model.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    theres no way, i been searching about this for a long time now and i havent found a way i might just ask palm next haha
    I cracked my screen and hadn't backed up my photos recently. Palm support taught me that if you press SYM+Option+U it will choose the 'USB Drive' option when you plugin the USB Cable. This way you can still get files off the device. Admittedly not the full control we would hope for, but very helpful nonetheless.

PS. Reactivated my 755p until I get my replacement Pre... I really miss the 5 way button.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffshariat View Post
    I cracked my screen and hadn't backed up my photos recently. Palm support taught me that if you press SYM+Option+U it will choose the 'USB Drive' option when you plugin the USB Cable. This way you can still get files off the device. Admittedly not the full control we would hope for, but very helpful nonetheless.

PS. Reactivated my 755p until I get my replacement Pre... I really miss the 5 way button.
    Same thing has happened to me. I got the USB backup OK but my problem is I can't figure out how to get into developers mode without the screen so I can back up my preferences. Any one have any ideas?