1.    #1  
    If Palm could issue updates that worked around Apple's blocking the Pre from synching with iTunes, can't they do the same for Verizon screwing with the GPS function?
    Again, like what was said in a thread actually directly below this one, Verizon is NOT blocking GPS. It's just terribly flawed/buggy.
  3.    #3  
    A whole lot of people in this forum sure seem to think it's a Verizon issue.
    all updates go through verizon so if they are the evil empire you think they are they would just not release the update --- hmmmm anyone see 1.4.1 on a verizon phone? ----------------kidding

dude give it a rest
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    all updates go through verizon so if they are the evil empire you think they are they would just not release the update --- hmmmm anyone see 1.4.1 on a verizon phone? ----------------kidding

dude give it a rest
    Why should I give it a rest? I paid good money and made a 2 year commitment for a phone that was advertised as having GPS. Come to find out, the GPS barely works.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Why should I give it a rest? I paid good money and made a 2 year commitment for a phone that was advertised as having GPS. Come to find out, the GPS barely works.
    give it a rest because you have started this same thread twice in 2 days
    maybe you aren't getting the response yuo want ---hmmmm

i have a verizon phone and the GPS works fine -- not as strong as my garmin but it works fine ---- Goggle maps has problems -- they are the evil empire and you never even mention them -- if you believe that the GPS is broken on your specific phone exchange it --get a new pre or a droid or go to at&t .. On my pre plus in colorado the GPS works --
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mespiff View Post
    give it a rest because you have started this same thread twice in 2 days
    maybe you aren't getting the response yuo want ---hmmmm

i have a verizon phone and the GPS works fine -- not as strong as my garmin but it works fine ---- Goggle maps has problems -- they are the evil empire and you never even mention them -- if you believe that the GPS is broken on your specific phone exchange it --get a new pre or a droid or go to at&t .. On my pre plus in colorado the GPS works --
    This is first thread I've ever started on the subject of comparing Palm's workaround with iTunes to a possible workaround of Verizon's GPS block.