1.    #1  
    Are there any active desktop apps for the Pre that can be embedded, instead of just wallpaper? Something along the line of what the Android phones have? A montage of time, weather, Facebook, etc.?

I know I saw something like this as a beta some months ago, when the Homebrew apps first started rolling out, but it wasn't active, and I haven't seen it since.

If so, anyone have any idea what they do to battery life?
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
  2.    #2  
    OK... I answered my own question. It was called Active Home Screen and it died in O9. I understand if the developer got busy and had other stuff. But, every other OS, Windows, Android, has an active desktop. Moto Click, My Touch, even the Hero to a limited extent. I rather like the idea of seeing all these active things flowing at once. My wife has the Hero and I'm tempted to let them give me one if I ever need Pre number 7.
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me