Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Wouldn't it be great if someone at Palm "accidentally" lost a near-final prototype of the Pre 2? I don't believe for one second this was accidental...

Gizmodo iPhone Discovery: Prototype of Apple's Next iPhone Found - ABC News
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    lol, I was thinking the same thing while reading about the new iphone
    Nope. It's part of Apple's hype machine. Thing is, Apple can afford to do this kind of thing--the mass (ignorant) market will still buy the current iPhone in droves, while the technorati will start salivating over the next manna from Steve Jobs.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    That's what happens when you mix R&D with alcohol...
    I thought I had found a Pre2 on the ground the other day...

But it was just an Oreo cookie.

Quote Originally Posted by maynardblue View Post
    Wouldn't it be great if someone at Palm "accidentally" lost a near-final prototype of the Pre 2? I don't believe for one second this was accidental...

Gizmodo iPhone Discovery: Prototype of Apple's Next iPhone Found - ABC News
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Nope. It's part of Apple's hype machine. Thing is, Apple can afford to do this kind of thing--the mass (ignorant) market will still buy the current iPhone in droves, while the technorati will start salivating over the next manna from Steve Jobs.
    Steve Jobs is never going to go away. Even after he passes away someday all we'll hear about is the second coming of Steve Jobs. Apple fans waiting for him to come back to rapture them all... It will never end
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Steve Jobs is never going to go away. Even after he passes away someday all we'll hear about is the second coming of Steve Jobs. Apple fans waiting for him to come back to rapture them all... It will never end
    I fear you might be right.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    LMAO...it's sad how much people buy into everything this company does. They systematically screw over early adopters of their products time and time again...How many different versions of their iPods are there now? Including the revamps of the different models (Touch, Video, Nano and Shuffle), not to mention that the buyers of the initial iPhone will be screwed when OS 4.0 launches, it's enough to make me never want to buy an Apple product. I know the initial Pre is still at the problem end of Palm's phone line, but at least Palm has kept the OTA updates on par with ALL of their products. My initial launch day Pre may have less RAM, but it still has the same features as the Pre Plus models (video recording, editing, etc.). Now if only I can get that damn "Too Many Cards" error to stop popping up. LOL.

[url= iPhone Discovery: Prototype of Apple's Next iPhone Found - ABC News[/url]
    what makes you think they're actually working on a pre 2
    That was good...

[QUOTE=donm527;2392351]I thought I had found a Pre2 on the ground the other day...

But it was just an Oreo cookie.

[IMG]
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    I'd be hard-pressed to believe they're not. Rubenstein has already said they're using the money they have now for R&D into future devices. It's been almost a year now since the initial Pre launch...Palm needs more devices to launch WebOS on, not just a Pre or Pixi Plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    i actually agree with this because i don't think they are making a Pre2...

i mean, you have one shot left to sell to make webos a hit... everything on one last phone... what do you do?

the pre2 signature is the vertical slider... you can't put risk it all on a failed hardware design... (for now) they have to shelve the Pre.

It has to be full touchscreen like the EVO or 4th gen iphone or nexus... just like the rest. look at the specs and features and they are getting pretty close to same... comes down to OS and apps.

forget possible oreos and other issues that plagued the pre... come out with a widely accepted form factor(with units sold by apple i think its safe to say it's widely accepted), let webos shine by going OS to OS... wow the people with the OS and they have a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    i actually agree with this because i don't think they are making a Pre2...

i mean, you have one shot left to sell to make webos a hit... everything on one last phone... what do you do?

the pre2 signature is the vertical slider... you can't put risk it all on a failed hardware design... (for now) they have to shelve the Pre.

It has to be full touchscreen like the EVO or 4th gen iphone or nexus... just like the rest. look at the specs and features and they are getting pretty close to same... comes down to OS and apps.

forget possible oreos and other issues that plagued the pre... come out with a widely accepted form factor(with units sold by apple i think its safe to say it's widely accepted), let webos shine by going OS to OS... wow the people with the OS and they have a shot.

amen. that is the only thing that would stop me from getting an evo 4g this summer.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    LMAO...it's sad how much people buy into everything this company does. They systematically screw over early adopters of their products time and time again...How many different versions of their iPods are there now? Including the revamps of the different models (Touch, Video, Nano and Shuffle), not to mention that the buyers of the initial iPhone will be screwed when OS 4.0 launches, it's enough to make me never want to buy an Apple product. I know the initial Pre is still at the problem end of Palm's phone line, but at least Palm has kept the OTA updates on par with ALL of their products. My initial launch day Pre may have less RAM, but it still has the same features as the Pre Plus models (video recording, editing, etc.). Now if only I can get that damn "Too Many Cards" error to stop popping up. LOL.
    Oh yes they screw over early adopters. Well if thats the case then every company screws over early adapters. I feel bad for the ppl who still have their startacs. They can't use the web and have a color screen. Where is their updates. You have the palm pre what happens if Palm comes out with a Palm Pre 4G. Are you going to complain that Palm screwed you over because you are an early adopter. As far as the people who have the original iPhone they are eligible to upgrade to the iPhone 4 anyways.
    I hope that's not what the phone will actually look like. Pretty ugly.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Razieltov View Post
    Oh yes they screw over early adopters. Well if thats the case then every company screws over early adapters. I feel bad for the ppl who still have their startacs. They can't use the web and have a color screen. Where is their updates. You have the palm pre what happens if Palm comes out with a Palm Pre 4G. Are you going to complain that Palm screwed you over because you are an early adopter. As far as the people who have the original iPhone they are eligible to upgrade to the iPhone 4 anyways.
    I see what you mean...but my point was that at least the launch day Pre still has the same capabilities software-wise that the current Pres have due to the OTA updates. All tech companies are guilty of screwing over early adopters, but Apple seems to be better at it than everyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Just wondering... Are you implying that people who buy iphones are ignorant?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Just wondering... Are you implying that people who buy iphones are ignorant?
    Don't know what he was implying, but I believe there are some people who bought or will buy an iPhone because it's trendy...These are the people Apple has ingrained its brand into.
    Don't know what he was implying, but I believe there are some people who bought or will buy an iPhone because it's trendy...These are the people Apple has ingrained its brand into.
    Just wondering. Because if he was, then that was real ignorant of him. But he wasn't then its nothing to it.
    I know a particular person who has Verizon and bought a droid. She heard a rumor that iphones were coming to Verizon and was ready to shell out full price for one even though she had just used her upgrade on the droid.

When asked why she would change from a droid to an iphone... she could only reply...

.... It's an iPhone!!!

Trendy indeed.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast